Which one?

I thought that was with a trade in?

No way am I trading in my 4S for only a $100 credit! :)

I thought that was with a trade in?

No way am I trading in my 4S for only a $100 credit! :)

It may be. I posted a link in another thread, if it said that I missed it..
If that is so, no, I wouldn't either.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

No trade in involved with the ATT deal. My brother in law works for ATT and said to go to the corporate stores as they have better deals than bestbuy or other stores right now.

I guess if Verizon makes the DNA free again I may jump on it. :( Wife is shutting down any purchases in the near future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess if Verizon makes the DNA free again I may jump on it. :( Wife is shutting down any purchases in the near future.

Should still be on amazon. For a cent or so

How well does it compare to the One and the S4?

It's comparable. 5" 1080p screen, quad core snapdragon s4 pro. 2gb ram.

Smaller battery however and memory is fixed at 16 gb.

It's still a very good phone.

I'm thinking the htc one. Last few androids I had were samsung, and kind of wanting a change from them. The build quality of the one is great (not saying the s4 isnt), and blink feed intrigues me.

Yeah I think the HTC One has a bigger battery as well over the S4 so the battery life on the One should be just as good if not better. But I really like the One design and feel over the S4 I have the Sprint version which has the 32GB version and I think AT&T has the 64GB version of the One. But 32GB is more than enough for me so space is never a issue but overall just a great device so far.

After researching the DNA more I do not want it. No additional storage and small battery. No thank you.

After researching the DNA more I do not want it. No additional storage and small battery. No thank you.

Battery in the One is bigger than S4 and storage should not be a issue unless you want the 64GB version which I think AT&T is the only one getting it at the time which I think everyone should. Plus with storage unless your copy movies or something you always have cloud base to save things to as well. Which if anyone saving over 32-64Gb they need to look at a tablet instead of a phone just my 2 cents. :)

Well now my very frugal wife has told me we can still get upgrades but we have to trade in our current iPhone 4Ss to pay for them.

Had my heart set on the HTC One when it comes to Verizon , but just found out that it automatically syncs all your Facebook Contacts pictures and puts them in a folder in the picture gallery. This will greatly reduce my storage and also a drain on the memory. So the phone will become slow. I don't want any kind of auto syncing that I cannot turn off and it cannot be turned off in the HTC One. An XDA developer, Riyal , came up with a small mod that will prevent the FB images to get synced automatically into the phone’s gallery . But I can't do this as I do not know how. I find it too much trouble to go through. So , I guess I will just wait a while until more new phones arrive at Verizon. I can wait. Maybe Moto or LG will get some phones I want. But I sure love that beautiful look and those boom , front facing features on the HTC.

Had my heart set on the HTC One when it comes to Verizon , but just found out that it automatically syncs all your Facebook Contacts pictures and puts them in a folder in the picture gallery. This will greatly reduce my storage and also a drain on the memory. So the phone will become slow. I don't want any kind of auto syncing that I cannot turn off and it cannot be turned off in the HTC One. An XDA developer, Riyal , came up with a small mod that will prevent the FB images to get synced automatically into the phone’s gallery . But I can't do this as I do not know how. I find it too much trouble to go through. So , I guess I will just wait a while until more new phones arrive at Verizon. I can wait. Maybe Moto or LG will get some phones I want. But I sure love that beautiful look and those boom , front facing features on the HTC.

You can tell it not to sync your FB Contacts which most platforms WP and Android have this option so what I do is just "Link" the contacts I want that I'm friends with on FB. So this is not a issue on the HTC One so you should be fine and this for the most part. What will effect your memory or storage is the type of Apps you have installed and what type of things you store on your device like music,photos,files so forth.

I went to the AT&T store yesterday and Im completely undecided! The HTC One is "sexy", the Galaxy S4 takes an SD card, don't really card about a removable battery. Neither one is a huge improvement over my Skyrocket. In fact, I'm not a big fan of 5"+ phones.

Side by side, I preferred the OLED display on the S4 over the LCD on the One. I'm also very used to the Samsung interface, but I plan on loading a completely stock "Google ROM" when they are available.

Decisions, decisions...

You can tell it not to sync your FB Contacts which most platforms WP and Android have this option so what I do is just "Link" the contacts I want that I'm friends with on FB. So this is not a issue on the HTC One so you should be fine and this for the most part. What will effect your memory or storage is the type of Apps you have installed and what type of things you store on your device like music,photos,files so forth.

Thanks very much. I am so glad to hear this. I read where there was no way in the HTC One to do this. So glad to find out I can.

Thanks very much. I am so glad to hear this. I read where there was no way in the HTC One to do this. So glad to find out I can.

The only thing I see in my gallery dealing with FB are just photos from things that you like so forth but it does not store those on the device. My guess is those show up there due to Blink Feed so it just pulls in different photos from FB is all. I have not tried to get rid of them due to it's not a issue and its on their end my guess would be if you did not want it there at all you would need not to add FB to the device. Now on the contact thing like I said you can control what contacts to pull in from which email account and like I said you can deiced which of your contacts that you would like to link to their FB but you do not have to just a option. I like to due to it makes it easier to send that person something multiple ways but that's up to you on how you want that setup.

@Jillian Update on this I adjusted some settings on this to see if you could keep the photos from showing up in the gallery. If you DO NOT want to see photos from pages you like on FB there is a option to Turn Off Sync for "Live Feed". That will make it where the pictures of pages on FB will not load in the gallery like I said to me this is not a issue due to I like to see Danica Patrick update her photos. :) Also there is a option to Not Sync Contacts and Calendar as well when it comes to FB. So that should take care of it and when it comes to contacts I advise folks to save them to a email account that way they are always backed up and not matter what kind of device you get once you add your Email account dealing with your contacts it will pull them in for you. Then like I have said then you can decide which contacts you want to Link to Twitter or FB.

The only thing I see in my gallery dealing with FB are just photos from things that you like so forth but it does not store those on the device. My guess is those show up there due to Blink Feed so it just pulls in different photos from FB is all. I have not tried to get rid of them due to it's not a issue and its on their end my guess would be if you did not want it there at all you would need not to add FB to the device. Now on the contact thing like I said you can control what contacts to pull in from which email account and like I said you can deiced which of your contacts that you would like to link to their FB but you do not have to just a option. I like to due to it makes it easier to send that person something multiple ways but that's up to you on how you want that setup.

Thanks . Good info to know.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts