Whole Home DVR Problems

Status
Please reply by conversation.

gigahurtz

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 16, 2006
Over the course of the last month my H25s have been losing connection randomly to the HR34. I usually have to do a RBR (on the HR34) to get things working again. It's becoming increasingly frustrating. I am running NR software on all the receivers.

I also have had issues with on demand downloads getting an error during download saying network connection error. DTV is sending me a free cinema connection kit to replace my current kit. Is there a chance the connection kit is the problem?

I think the issue is when you hook it up through the DECCA, your router assigns an IP address to the receiver. Try disconnecting the DECCA, and rebooting all the receivers and allowing the Genie to act like a DHCP server and assign all the H25's their own IP address.

If that solves it, you could try a seperate router connected to the DECCA so it will then assign IP addresses and will be seperate from your home network.

I'm having the same issue with my Genie every 3 days I need to reboot to get MRV working, but my HR24 works fine.

Tech support said I was getting interference so it was knocking it out. I said if that's the case why does my HR24 work fine. Couldn't really answer that.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

In my network, I assigned static dhcp to the "connecteds" ... the devices that I wanted to always have the same IP ... etc... this helped with a lot of Dish problems when I had them ... and has worked fine so far with Direct, including using the DirecTv2PC player.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)