Who's getting a deal upgrading to a 722K?

Zombie069

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 25, 2005
Montrose, CO 81401
I called about changing my 722 to the K version. I've been with dish over 10 years all total and have become used to them not offering much to existing subs. But they want $125 to upgrade me to the 722k, AND another 24 month contract.
I don't know how to check my contract status, but I know I should be just about out of my last 18 month commitment, if I'm not already.

I'm just wondering if guys are getting better deals out there. I think for that price I'll just buy one on ebay, at least I can get some money back when I change from that one in the future..

They did offer to give a 622dvr in place of my 322 for free, with a contract.

I had to pay $75 but that included a service call/installation. I just saw a post a couple of days ago from someone who got one for FREE.

A 10 year sub and they want you to pay what most other existing customers pay.... How recently did you get the 722 ? And what did you pay for it ? If it's "too recent", that may be affecting the "deal" they'll give you.

I got the 722 around a year and a half ago. That was the last contract extension, I upgraded my TV and went to HD... I'll have to check my ebay page and see for sure when I bought it. It may be coming up on 2 years.
I paid (I think) $150 when I moved up to the 722 also... It was either $99 or $149, I'm thinkin $149..

I got the 722 around a year and a half ago. That was the last contract extension, I upgraded my TV and went to HD... I'll have to check my ebay page and see for sure when I bought it. It may be coming up on 2 years.
I paid (I think) $150 when I moved up to the 722 also... It was either $99 or $149, I'm thinkin $149..
Back then (same time I got mine) if you had done a DIU through Dish it was $99.00 for 622 and $149.00 for 722 BEFORE $50.00 rebate. I was cheap and ordered and was charged for a 622, but installer brought 722 instead.:)

I got a 722k to replace my 622 for free.
I had to pay $29 for the Over the air module.
I had no comitment at the time. Had to sign up for 2 more years.
Includded free installation.
Technician also replaced my Dish and LNB's because of excessive drift.
I subscribe to the everything pack with HD platinum

Well I looked it up and I bought the TV in Oct, 07.. So at the latest I upgraded to HD in November. That puts me out of contract.

I'll call a few more times and see if I can get someone who wants to keep me. I already have the "here's my wallet, take what you want" pack, you'd think they'd want to keep me happy.

What are the chances of getting a 722k because my 722 starts "losing" recording every week... :)

I had called on Thursday to upgrade our 522 over to a 722k w/OTA module and they wanted $200 and the CSR didn't seem to know about the OTA module so I said I would think about it and call back later. I called back 30 min. later and they quoted the same $200 but included a $50 discount, HBO/Showtime for 3 months, and they have to have an installer stop by to drop off the receiver (dish still thinks I have a 500, but I put in a 1000+ when we added some international channels). I'll find out on Tuesday if the installer is bringing the correct receiver :) Also, they renewed my contract for 24 mo, but I only started w/dish 8 mo ago.

I am out of contract tomorrow so I called dish last night. I was told I could get an additional 722k for free. It would be a new 24 month commitment. All I told them is that I was looking at FIOS and Direct to compare prices, no threats or discussions of leaving just a comparison.

Hmm 722k with OTA attachment would be nice if it is reliable enough to record local HD OTA. I pay for Dish locals because I record enough of them to need the two tuners.

Problem with my OTA channels is when the wind blows, they go out.

This is why I'm wanting to upgrade... We watch to many shows that are on at the same time. Results in setting a timer for a non-HD replay later in the week.. Yuk...

My last 722, I called to order, they would not let me upgrade, I had a 622 from 2 years ago and a 722 from last year, and needed another 722. Finally talked them into another reciever, guy would only let me have a 612, but when he went to order it, they only had a 622.

When the tech came out he only had a 722.

I ended up not getting charged for it some how, I wish I could do that again. I am waiting on the 922 to upgrade the 622.

I think I paid 50 buck for the 622, 100 bucks for the first 722 and then nothing for the second one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts