Why is here! ch 190 being cancelled?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

RLuyster

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 1, 2004
Canton OH USA
Has anyone heard why Directv is no longer carrying here!, channel 190 as of 12/1/05 per the announcement on their latest billing? Both a phone call to them and an email has not produced a satisfactory answer. Customer service knew nothing about it and promised a call back but so far nothing has been heard from them. I think those of us who have subscriptions deserve some sort of explanation. :mad:

Quick look on Here!'s website (I didn't even know what Here! was until I looked it up) is that you will still be able to get the programing on a Pay Per View basis.

RLuyster said:
Has anyone heard why Directv is no longer carrying here!, channel 190 as of 12/1/05 per the announcement on their latest billing? Both a phone call to them and an email has not produced a satisfactory answer. Customer service knew nothing about it and promised a call back but so far nothing has been heard from them. I think those of us who have subscriptions deserve some sort of explanation. :mad:

My guess would be a lack of interest on the channel.

As far as the other poster goes, HERE! was always a "pay per view" channel. However it also had an option of being a flat rate monthly.

jonaswan2 said:
Quick look on Here!'s website (I didn't even know what Here! was until I looked it up) is that you will still be able to get the programing on a Pay Per View basis.

The Directv information on the here! website is the same as it's always been stating the channel was available either in PPV blocks or monthly. They apparently haven't yet put up anything as a response to the Directv announcement. here! has always been PPV of one type or another but this announcement apparently means Directv is dropping them entirely.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

SatelliteGuys MPEG4 Contest!

DirecTV makes profit, but customer adds disappoint

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts