Why no H3 for me?

satinsticksguy

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 9, 2006
Tried to upgrade yesterday via chat (twice). Currently have H2K and Joey 1.0 and would like to have H3 and Joey 2.0. Was told by both CSR's I chatted with that I couldn't upgrade because the H3 is not compatible with my area. I am in mid-Missouri and my locals are on 61.5. All main channels are on 72. Why is this not compatible?

I'm in Michigan with 61.5 and 72 and was installed yesterday with no problems. I would try calling today instead of chatting.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I have the issue where they can't process the order. They say I'm in a low beam area (north of seattle) and that the new hybrid lnb won't work. I have two dishes (500 I think) because of the wobbly satellite 129 before Ceil was launched. One for 110/119 and the other for 129. I see other houses around me with single dishes, so I'm bummed. Maybe those are only SD though.

I have the issue where they can't process the order. They say I'm in a low beam area (north of seattle) and that the new hybrid lnb won't work. I have two dishes (500 I think) because of the wobbly satellite 129 before Ceil was launched. One for 110/119 and the other for 129. I see other houses around me with single dishes, so I'm bummed. Maybe those are only SD though.

Same problem for me in Topeka, KS

I find it hard to believe single dish options aren't available up here since since Ciel2 was launched. I see many single dishes. Could my account simply be flagged wrong? How long until a solution is provided? Seems like this issue would affect a lot of customers in the Seattle area. Anybody in Seattle with a Hopper 3?

Reactions: KE4EST
I find it hard to believe single dish options aren't available up here since since Ciel2 was launched. I see many single dishes. Could my account simply be flagged wrong? How long until a solution is provided? Seems like this issue would affect a lot of customers in the Seattle area. Anybody in Seattle with a Hopper 3?

On the eastside slightly north of Seattle. I was just able to confirm my Hopper 3 install over the phone for Wednesday. Didn't read this forum until just now. I have a single dish and no HD quality issues with Hopper with Sling. Though any snow flurry kills the signal. Hoping my CSR was right and yours was wrong...

On the eastside slightly north of Seattle. I was just able to confirm my Hopper 3 install over the phone for Wednesday. Didn't read this forum until just now. I have a single dish and no HD quality issues with Hopper with Sling. Though any snow flurry kills the signal. Hoping my CSR was right and yours was wrong...

I'm glad I happened upon your post - I found a number of others (particularly in "Hopper 3 Upgrades") from folks who have been told that they simply could NOT get the H3 because (I think) the LNB and/or dish did not work with it - you give me great hope :) I am north and east of Seattle also.

GREAT news!!

A tech is coming out this morning to see if I will be able to switch to a single dish. The thought is I will be able to, then the single dish will be coded into their system, thus allowing for then upgrade. I'll update letting you know. I see other houses with Dish single dishes I'm my neighborhood, so I'm hopeful. Hopefully the tech knows his stuff.

I'm in Bremerton and currently have a single dish on HWS. I'm doing my self-install tomorrow and will first test the new LNB and hub,l with HWS. After confirming that works, I'll install the hopper 3. I don't anticipate any problems

I'm in Bremerton and currently have a single dish on HWS. I'm doing my self-install tomorrow and will first test the new LNB and hub,l with HWS. After confirming that works, I'll install the hopper 3. I don't anticipate any problems
What dish do have? 1000.2 or 1000.4? I didn't think the new lnb worked with the HWS only the H3?

I'm glad I happened upon your post - I found a number of others (particularly in "Hopper 3 Upgrades") from folks who have been told that they simply could NOT get the H3 because (I think) the LNB and/or dish did not work with it - you give me great hope :) I am north and east of Seattle also.

I'll post status one way or another. The install is scheduled for tomorrow morning. I'm just virtually a stone's throw up WD Road from you.

I'm northeast of Seattle. Not sure what I'll hear. I've always had one dish - started out with a Hopper/HWS system. I'm not sure which one it is - theres no obvious markings on it (that I can see from the ground anyway).

I'm in Puyallup WA southeast of Seattle, have a Hopper 2 with 2 sat dishes installed by Dish years ago, no dropouts in any kind of weather including snow. But multiple CSRs say I can't get a Hopper 3 due to low beam issue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)