Why not add "scan for analog channels"?

Lars

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 23, 2004
I live in an area where I cannot get locals OTA. However, if Voom would add the scanning for analog channels, I could in effect add my locals through cable (2-13 lifeline package) and at least access them through the Voom box. My wife hates having to change inputs on the TV just to see what's on the locals.

I would also think in some cases people would want analog locals OTA as well. Why not add this capability in the next software release?

It's not just software. You also need an analog (NTSC) tuner for that. VOOM STB only has digital tuners.
(DarrellP was too fast for me...)

Lars said:
I would also think in some cases people would want analog locals OTA as well. Why not add this capability in the next software release?
It would also require the addition of an analog tuner, which ain't gonna happen. An easy solution is to insert a 2-way splitter from your antenna and run the other one directly to your TV.

This is a question that I have brought up and people over at Yahoo didnt think it was a smart move for VOOM. My Directv HD receiver that is older than dirt can scan for anolog as well as digital ch's. So why cant VOOM's. I have no idea. Take me for example...I cant pull in the digital feed for NBC so...why cant I scan for the anolog feed? Instead I have no NBC at all. It would seem to me that this would be easy to include with software...Im just not sure that anolog fits into VOOMs plans...and really it shouldnt. But you do have those cases where people cant pull in their locals and to me thats a big problem...for others it isnt. I have Directv for my locals and VOOm for my HD...so far its working out.

Analog is going away. I do enjoy tuning it in on my Panny E85H and watching it on my pj as I get a better image than I do with OTA SD digital channels.

Here in Miami everyone except Fox is reducing power to analog and the strongest signal is digital anyway.

Wilt said it was a cost trade-off situation. They chose not to do it based on the incrimentel price and wanted to keep the cost of the STB lower.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts