Why

Status
Please reply by conversation.

SA Cop

Original poster
Apr 11, 2006
I got a R10 from a yard sale and tried to activgate it yesterday. I understand the access cards aren't transferable so I told the lady to order a new one. When she checked the card number she told me she couldn't activate the receiver due to problems with the last account holder. I asked her what those problems were but she told me she couldn't tell me. Glad I only spent $10 on the "paper weight". Does this sound right to you?

We don't have access to the account either so I can't tell you it is right or wrong. I would suggest playing CSR roulette call several more times to see if you can get a different answer.

boba said:
We don't have access to the account either so I can't tell you it is right or wrong. I would suggest playing CSR roulette call several more times to see if you can get a different answer.

That won't matter. They are probably keying the info to the receiver's ID number, and that will never change. While that's the risk you take buying used equipment, I'd see if you could take it back and get your money back from the guy who sold it to you. Otherwise, you'll just have to go through its pockets for loose change.

You can pull the drive out, so its not a total waste.

With the RID #'s DTV will not reactivate receivers with outstanding balances - just like E* has done for years.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts