Wild Blue.. max run = 150 feet

meitedlce

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 28, 2007
Roanoke VA
Hey fellas..

I'm a dish installer and also a certified WB installer..

I know that dish and wildblue don't want us to run anything more then 150' of coax from dish to modem.... anything more and it would drop the db, volts, signal, upstream.. blah blah

But I had one the other day with a 2100 model modem.. the run was right at 120' and the upstream was running at 11.3 -11.7- 12.1 and was fluctiating.. I actually ran a temp line in the window cutting about 40' off my line.. and everything was good.

Anyone else having issues on the cable run?

I called dish and they had told me the 2100 model's were defective and needing some kinda power adapter installed on them aswell...?

Whats the max anyone has run?

Any issues other then this that anyone has noticed?

Had one the other day smack almost 2 meg on downstream with platinum pack.. was 1965k download and 168 upload
(speakeasy.net)

pretty accurate speed tests with everyone?

Whats the max upload/download you guys have seen?
curius!

What brand of cable were you using? Probably what was happening was that there was too much DC resistance causing voltage drop, which results in transmitter power fluctuation. That would directly result in the speed fluctuation. If it is copper clad that would make sence. If it is a cheaper cable brand it could have impurities in the copper which makes it pretty much the same thing as copper clad.

There could be other contributing factor, but that would be my guess.

Thats what it was fighting coax!

-in case your serious..
duel cable is just two singles cables that were factory put side by side with a carrier ground on one side.
if not serious, nvm lol

Grrrrr.. thanks for the reply so far guys. I was on a trouble call this morning where the Upstream Transmit Power was running at 8.0db and there was a crap groundblack in line, so replacing that with a new one It jumped to 11.0 even.. still not what were looking for, but there was no 'i'll affects' on service, with the platinum pack she was pulling in 1600k down and 220 upstream on two diffrent speed tests.

What would this low upstream power affect guys?

Also, though I should know this.. what kinda frequency does WB use.. I know I have it somewhere or could look it up myself.. but EH!

What a good installer, so knowledgable!.. lol
thanks guys!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)