WildBlue Dish Converted to FTA

Status
Please reply by conversation.

hobbie2000

Jul 21, 2013
michigan
Sorry, What I meant to ask was does this pick up most of the birds? I picked one of these up a few days back, and looking to use one as a back up, the motor on my primestar don't want to move the right way anymore. I don't think I`m going to replace it, since I got a c band dish, but I think I`m going to have to put the big dish on the back burner for a while , it needs some work and a long pole, and I`m having a hard time finding one that long enough. I may end up welding a few short ones together, plus I`m running short on time for now with work and winter coming. I do have a superdish to use too , if the wildblue doesnt work for me.

Anole

SatelliteGuys Master
Sep 22, 2005
L.A., Calif.
It's 26" wide. But for Ka band, that's probably pretty big.
So it's not going to replace a proper 36" wide (round) dish.
But for free, and with the understanding it'll be limited, I think it's a great toy to play with.
Your SuperDish is wider, but eliptical, and needs a matching feedhorn for optimum performance.
So, depending on how you set it up, the SuperDish might be better...or worse. ;)
If you are in the experimenting mood, put up both and compare for us.
If you want to watch TV with the least trouble, get a 36" dish and leave the experimenting to others. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)