Will I definitely need a Dish1000 for the new 622?

ArTT Vandelay

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 29, 2005
I have a Dish500 and a 2nd dish pointed to the 61.5 Voom bird, and the CSR told me that would suffice. I don't trust CSR's, but I do trust Satellite guys :)

Anybody know for sure on this?

That's good news cause that is what I have.

However, I have a feeling the service tech might show up with a Dish 1000 and be ready to install it anyway. So I am thinking- should I let him go ahead and do it? Does anyone think there might be a good reason to have the Dish 1000 down the road over the current setup I have (Dish 500 110/119 and another pointed at 61.5)? Dish 1000 is included in the lease fee for the 622 so I would hate to turn it down now only to realize I need it later.

do it. have it installed its just 2 dishes 4 satellite who knows what dish is going to come up with in future. I'm installing dish 1000 and 61.5 at my place

volkodav said:
do it. have it installed its just 2 dishes 4 satellite who knows what dish is going to come up with in future. I'm installing dish 1000 and 61.5 at my place

I agree with that. Even if it doesn't look like you need it now. And signals for the same programing on different sats aren't always equal. The 148 sat does a much better job with HBO and Showtime HD. If you have the extra dish you can always repoint it as the need arises.

Six dollar lease fee ,or HD enabling charge?

Dish, NBC Team Up on Games

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)