Will the Droid Bionic be worth waiting for?

kjlued

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 30, 2010
In your head
I really hate my Crapberry and in 40 days I will be able to upgrade.
I figured on getting the Droid X but saw the Bionic will be available a couple months later and will be 4g along with a faster processor and some other cool features such as 2 cameras (one on the front for video calling).

I just wish I knew when it really came out and what the introductory price will be.
I never feel like I have to be the first to have anything, but this seems like it may be a huge step and maybe worth the wait.

Thoughts?

Anyone know the release date and price?

It looks like a great phone; only downside will be the end of unlimited data plans. It will probably have a locked bootloader, and is guaranteed to be filled with verizon/moto bloatware. I suspect the price would be similar to more of their high end Droids, with $200 upgrades, but that is just a guess.

Well, I already have unlimited data, so I should be grandfathered in.

As far as the bootloader, if they lock it, I am sure somebody will make a key.

kjlued said:
Well, I already have unlimited data, so I should be grandfathered in.

As far as the bootloader, if they lock it, I am sure somebody will make a key.

No. I don't think so. The 4Glte plans are not unlimited. They are tiered.

Well, if that is the way it will be then that solves that as I ok with the current speeds and Droid X has a faster processor then my Crapberry Curve2.

kjlued said:
Well, if that is the way it will be then that solves that as I ok with the current speeds and Droid X has a faster processor then my Crapberry Curve2.

I love my droid x. It's a great phone.

So Verizon is starting the capped data plans too?

I believe they did a while back and then brought it back.
Last time they did, I was able to keep mine even with upgrading phones and making changes that lowered my monthly rate.

Unlimited Data never really was that as there is still a "limit" but there were no additional fees if you went over.
I don't really need unlimited Data but it is nice to have it and not ever have to worry about things.

I really fail to see why getting a 4g phone will change the plan though unless you have an additional subscription to get 4g service.
But it will be something I ask.

kjlued said:
I believe they did a while back and then brought it back.
Last time they did, I was able to keep mine even with upgrading phones and making changes that lowered my monthly rate.

Unlimited Data never really was that as there is still a "limit" but there were no additional fees if you went over.
I don't really need unlimited Data but it is nice to have it and not ever have to worry about things.

I really fail to see why getting a 4g phone will change the plan though unless you have an additional subscription to get 4g service.
But it will be something I ask.

Unlimited data has always been on the phone data plans. They have never had a 5GB cap. I left VZW at the end of October and on the Droid X I never got charged for going to 6GB.

Unlimited data has always been on the phone data plans. They have never had a 5GB cap. I left VZW at the end of October and on the Droid X I never got charged for going to 6GB.

All of this is true for 3G phones. Don't expect it for 4GLTE phones. I hope I am wrong, but everything I have read says unlimited data on 4GLTE will not be there, certainly not for $30/month.

I was always told that if you went over 5gb that you could be slowed down.
There wasn't a charge for it, but they MIGHT slow your speeds down.
This would probably be their FAP which is not uncommon for internet companies to have.
Many of them do not engage it though unless you abuse the service.

Never mattered much to me though as I never reach 5gb anyways.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)