Will using component color connection deliver an HD picture?

Isn't there an issue with some channels, such as HBO, where they have implemented DRM schemes that require one to use HDMI input? I seem to remember posts about this but, using HDMI myself, I'm not sure.

Yes some channels have to be downresed if you want to view via component because of copy protection.

Hi

Everything is set up and working, I have the TV hooked to the Dish Box via component cables, and the sound is run to the tuner from the Dish Box with another set of component cables.
This runs my 3 external speakers.

I have another set of component cables run to the TV from the Tuner so I can run the TV sound if I wan't to.

I haven't connected my DVD player, and VCR yet but that shouldn't be a problems I have plenty of inputs on the TV and the Tuner.

If I can I'll run the signal from the DVD player using the HDMI cables so I don't have to run a bunch more cables.

I still don't know why the Dish Box won't send an HDMI signal but I don't have any problems hooking my computer to the TV via HDMI so it must be the Dish Box.

The picture looks great and it's all working off of one controller so I'm happy for now.

When I have more issues and get a new Dish Box I'll try and go back to HDMI from that too.

Thanks again.

Mike

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)