Will you buy a PS4?

king3pj

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jun 7, 2009
Michigan
We have the Xbox thread so I thought I'd ask the same question about PS4. I'm just about ready to put in my PS4 preorder. I really like the looks of some of these PS4 exclusives, especially Infamous Second Son. I'm just waiting to hear pricing info. Amazon will let me cancel my order up until release if I hear something I don't like later. If they allow me to keep using my gamefly subscription I'm sold.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I was disappointed Second Son is scheduled for Q1 2014. I thought it was a launch title, making me question even more why I'd need a PS4 at launch...though one is definitely in my future.

Watching the Sony E3 press conference now and still waiting to hear a price and date. Too funny that Black Flag froze. Typical AC glitchfest. lol Everything else looks awesome. Might have to play my first Final Fantasy game in the next gen.

No restrictions on used games. I assume this means rentals work as well. I'm sold, preorder is happening as soon as possible.

Also don't need to be online for any reason. This never bothered me but big news for those that care about that.

Online play requires Plus next gen. Wow! At least it's still one service for $50/year for all platforms--no separate tiers or price increases. And free PS4 games at launch in the Instant Game Collection.

Last edited:
Online play requires Plus next gen. Wow!

Plus is a great deal. Tons of free games and they are usually good games people actually want to play. At least you get that for your subscription fee unlike Xbox Live.

Everything I have seen today backs up what I have been thinking since the PS4 reveal. PS4 is clearly the better choice for people who are focused on games first and see all other features a secondary options. It's going to be PC and PS4 plus gamefly for me this generation, at least until there is an Xbox One price drop.

Also destiny looks really cool. It definitely has somewhat of a borderlands feel to it.

Is it true the camera's not included? Not a deal breaker if the core action-adventure and RPG games won't be diminished by not having one.

Is it true the camera's not included? Not a deal breaker if the core action-adventure and RPG games won't be diminished by not having one.

They didn't say either way as far as I know. It's not something I need. If it really isn't included I'd much rather pay $100 less and not have a kinect like device anyways.

They didn't say either way as far as I know. It's not something I need. If it really isn't included I'd much rather pay $100 less and not have a kinect like device anyways.

A troll in another forum I'm monitoring said it was sold separate for $70, and everyone went along with it, as in "so what," but I can't find anything on the net about it.

yep I am all in for ps4 at this point I think, and I will really really miss halo but I cant justify what M$ is doing right now.

I'm a Halo fan too but Destiny will hold me over until Xbox has a price drop. We might see Microsoft start backpedaling on all this stuff soon too. They can't cost more, be more restrictive, and have less exclusive games and still expect to compete with Sony.

I will be preordering this system as well. I'm not 100% sold on either of them, but I have plenty of time to choose one, the other, both or neither for release day.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I still stand by my belief that preorders aren't worth it. Wait about a year for the price drop, better game selection, and all the bugs ironed out, not to mention that games that are released on PS3 and 4 that are multiplayer will have more players on the PS3 and I seriously doubt they'll have cross platform compatibility.

I still stand by my belief that preorders aren't worth it. Wait about a year for the price drop, better game selection, and all the bugs ironed out, not to mention that games that are released on PS3 and 4 that are multiplayer will have more players on the PS3 and I seriously doubt they'll have cross platform compatibility.

I agree on game preorders. Consoles often have supply problems at launch unlike games that you can go pick up on day one without a preorder. If you want to have a console on day one your options are usually preorder or wait in line for hours on launch day.

As for the multiplayer part, I'd rather play the more advanced next gen version of a game with a smaller online community than play on current gen systems again. Plus amazon doesn't actually charge you any money until your preorder ships and you can cancel at any point up until then. This way I'm at the front of the line now and if something happens that I don't like I can pull my order back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts