Win7 Sat Guys phone app

You might think about adding a Windows Phone 7 app due there will be just as many WP7 devices as Droid and Nokia will be launching their new WP7 by end of the year first part of next year as well... Verizon getting their 1st WP7 Device in the next couple of weeks as well. Direct TV as a WP7 App there there is a SlingPlayer App as well already...

What does the amount of handsets have to do with anything? There could be a million Windows Phone devices out there but as long as they have .0001% market share, why would developers waste their time writing apps for a platform most people have no interest it? And considering how much success as Microsoft has had in the mobile market, why develop for a platform when in 2 years from now Windows Phone will be a distant memory.

Steve Mehs said:
What does the amount of handsets have to do with anything? There could be a million Windows Phone devices out there but as long as they have .0001% market share, why would developers waste their time writing apps for a platform most people have no interest it? And considering how much success as Microsoft has had in the mobile market, why develop for a platform when in 2 years from now Windows Phone will be a distant memory.

+1

Sent from my NookColor using SatelliteGuys app

There will more WP7 device out this year like I said Verizon will have their device soon plus more developers are now writing things to WP Devices due to they get most of their tools for free and their better protected as well.. As far as apps they are are already over the 10,000 mark and they got there quicker that Android and Appel to think that Microsoft will not do well in this market will be mistaken... They have taken it serious and my guess is that the top two most bought phones will be Windows phones and Droid right now Droid in the lead due to there are more of them on the market so easy to see why they are in the lead.. But Microsoft will be getting more and more devices out as well so I think it will be those 2 will be at the top... Plus now that Nokia canned their poor OS going to Windows this will put Microsoft in everyone World Market since Nokia Is the largest phone manufacture on the planet so 2 years from now there will be a Windows device in every world market and getting a Billion Dollars given to you never hurts as well.. So my guess is in 2yrs from now there will be even more Windows Phones as there is Android and like I said those will be the 2 most bought phones..

Why is it a mistake to assume once again that Microsoft will be a failure in the mobile market. The past 13 years says a lot.

Windows CE Devices - Fail
Pocket PCs - Fail
Windows Mobile Smartphones - Fail
Kin - Fail

And not a phone, but the Zune is just about dead. On to Tablets. Microsoft made a lame attempt with this back in 2002 with Windows XP Tablet PC Edition and that flopped. Microsoft has no business in the mobile market, and history suggests the same and it’s been proven time after time people don’t want their stuff. As I said above, who cares which or how many manufactures will be offering Windows phones when overall market share is what matters. I don’t see people waiting in lines to get the latest WP7 device, hell when I’m out and about I’ve seen exactly zero people using them, and I pay attention to this stuff pretty closely. Other than a 2 month blitz of AT&T commercials, there has been no real Windows Phone 7 marketing. No one is jumping ship from Blackberry, iOS or Android to WP7. No one gets excited over Windows Phones, there’s no press about them. People just don’t give a hoot about them. WP is already avalable in about 30 countries and and doubt a partnership with Nokia (didn't even know they were still in business) will give them the marketshare needed to sustain the platform.

Personally I’ve played with AT&Ts three WP7 phones and while I like the HTC Surround from a hardware perspective, I can’t stand the user interface of Windows Phone and its boring. Microsoft should just stick to Windows, Office and the Xbox. And hey they might have finally got the Xbox 360 right as reports of the red ring of death have dramatically slowed down. Way to go Microsoft, only took 5 years!

Smartphone outlook for the next 5 years. Android will continue to increase and then level out. Apple and Google will continue to dominate the market, while Blackberry will stil have a place in business. Web OS will remain a niche and Windows Phone will either go away or there will be yet another reincarnation of it that no one wants.

I believe the question boils down to: will MS have some decent scalable touchscreen OS before Windows (as we know it today) is rendered irrelevant, i.e. post-PC era arrives? I wouldn't bet on the outcome. Some 90% of all internet browsers still run on Windows, after at least a decade long talk it is dead...

Diogen.

I'm in for Win7 version. Just put my original I-phone from 2007 to rest. Picked up a Samsung Focus and i really like most of it.

Poke said:
There will more WP7 device out this year like I said Verizon will have their device soon plus more developers are now writing things to WP Devices due to they get most of their tools for free and their better protected as well.. As far as apps they are are already over the 10,000 mark and they got there quicker that Android and Appel to think that Microsoft will not do well in this market will be mistaken... They have taken it serious and my guess is that the top two most bought phones will be Windows phones and Droid right now Droid in the lead due to there are more of them on the market so easy to see why they are in the lead.. But Microsoft will be getting more and more devices out as well so I think it will be those 2 will be at the top... Plus now that Nokia canned their poor OS going to Windows this will put Microsoft in everyone World Market since Nokia Is the largest phone manufacture on the planet so 2 years from now there will be a Windows device in every world market and getting a Billion Dollars given to you never hurts as well.. So my guess is in 2yrs from now there will be even more Windows Phones as there is Android and like I said those will be the 2 most bought phones..

WinMo 7 could have same number of devices but it does equal the numbers sold. I don't know of one person who has bought a WinMo 7. They are not even close. Blackberry is set to make a push with the Montana(Regular style Blackberry with Touchscreen). Android and Apple will be 1 and 2 not necessarily in that order.

When you set aside the non-quantifiable parameters ("magic", marketing, etc.) today's smartphones are 90% the same - being it iPhone, Android, webOS or WP7. They use 90% the same hardware components (not same manufacturers but same functionality) to work primarily on the same GSM network. Even applications - if you remove the fart flavors and stick to those that are actually useful - they are 90% the same between Android and iOS today and will be between all 4 players in a matter of a year or two.

Therefore, secondary non-quantifiable "variables" become very important: developer support, prestige, convenience, etc. Apple has the advantage here. But unlike the portable music player market that can be seen as a sprint (that is over and Apple won), the smartphone market looks more like a marathon, PC-like. The phone is going to replace all gadgets from audio players to some simplest forms of web usage. That most likely will be a market by itself for many years, just like PCs are for decades.

If that interpretation is right, the first mover advantage (what Apple has) can dissipate. And being 1-2 years late to a race like this says nothing about the marathon outcome...

Diogen.

Here's the short answer to the op: when enough people demand one and it makes sense from a usability standpoint to develop one.

Yeah would be cool to see one since there going to be more and more Windows Phone 7 devices out on the market in the next year or so.. HTC already have like 5-6 plus more on the way and once Nokia gets their Windows Phone 7 devices out that will probably put Windows Phone 7 Devices at the top along with Driod.. I-phone will always have a small piece of the market to where Microsoft and Droid will have the most..

Yeah would be cool to see one since there going to be more and more Windows Phone 7 devices out on the market in the next year or so.. HTC already have like 5-6 plus more on the way and once Nokia gets their Windows Phone 7 devices out that will probably put Windows Phone 7 Devices at the top along with Driod.. I-phone will always have a small piece of the market to where Microsoft and Droid will have the most..

I needed a good laugh today. Windows Phones may have options but I do not ever see them topping th iPhone when it comes to sales. Microsoft will be the small fish in the pond on this one.

Not rocket science here there more money to be made to write apps for Droid and Windows Phone 7 when there are more of those devices out there on the market which means developers will get their apps onto more phones... Droid right now in the lead simply due to there are more Droid devices and they been out on the market longer which means allot of apps are written for them. Now with Microsoft making a hard push they are starting to get more devices out there which means you write a app for them that more money to be made. HTC leading everyone as far the Hardware Manufacture they just passed Nokia by Billion dollars last week but HTC,Nokia are the top 2 as far as cell phone manufactures.. Now Nokia will be coming out with many Windows Phone 7 devices just like HTC is and Driod and Windows Phone 7 will have the most devices out.. Which means more and more things will be written for Windows Phone 7 due to you will be able to get your app out more on more devices due to there is more and more money for developers as well.. It's already been showed that the Marketplace for Windows Phone 7 is at a faster growing rate than Droid was... Also with Nokia who is the largest phone manufacture on the planet will be coming out with more Windows Phone 7 devices this will give some good competition between them and HTC... I think right now it's way to early for anyone to say that Windows Phone is a distant memory and with the Marketplace growth and the top 2 manufactures in the game getting involved with Microsoft. Plus the investment they are making along with the backing Microsoft where money not a issue in the long run at this point I think it's going to do well.. But right now their at the early stages of something that most likely going to be big. Just my 2 cents.. :)

I needed a good laugh today. Windows Phones may have options but I do not ever see them topping th iPhone when it comes to sales. Microsoft will be the small fish in the pond on this one.

Iphone is way over hyped which Appel has always done a good job running their propaganda machine.. Fact is Driod leading the market with HTC which is not hard to figure out since they make more than one phone but Apple will have their piece of the pie but it will be a smaller piece.. Now HTC pushing Windows Phone and with Nokia on board my guess is by the next year Windows Phone will pass the Iphone in sales or be close to doing it but I think in the long run they will just like Droid already has so Droid and Windows Phone will be in the top 2... This is my guess I could be wrong but right now to early to say but it's easy to see the writing on the wall that the 2 top manufactures believe in it and will come out with top notch hardware for them as well.. Overall we will see what the numbers show in before the end of 2012 if I'm wrong so be it but I might be right as well.. :)

I think it will take a very long time for Windows Phone 7 to overtake either the iphone or Android. At best they could hope to be 33-----which would mean passing blackberry.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)