KE4EST

SatelliteGuys Is My Second Home
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 9, 2004
EM75xb
It's been a good 15 years, but Winamp, our go-to desktop media player, is shutting down on December 20th.

A message on Winamp's home page states that Winamp.com and all Winamp downloads will be gone on that date, though it's likely you'll still be able to find a download elsewhere on the net—but it won't receive any more updates from here on out. We're sad, and a little nostalgic, but to be honest, we were already thinking about changing our official pick to one of the other great, mature media players out there—so this will make the decision a little easier. Stay tuned for more, and feel free to reminisce with us below.

http://lifehacker.com/winamp-our-fa...rce=lifehacker_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

You know...the other day I was trying to remember some of the Chat/IM apps I used back-in-the-day and could only remember PowWow. Of course, I was also using Netscape back then and accessing a few old dial-up bulletin boards as well. Such is life.

You know...the other day I was trying to remember some of the Chat/IM apps I used back-in-the-day and could only remember PowWow. Of course, I was also using Netscape back then and accessing a few old dial-up bulletin boards as well. Such is life.

I wonder if there are ANY dial up style BBSes out there anymore. Maybe in the third world?

It's been a good 15 years, but Winamp, our go-to desktop media player, is shutting down on December 20th.

The thing that really sucks about it is that Shoutcast is going down too.

Posted Via The SatelliteGuys Reader App!
To me this means 2 things.

1. Bye-bye Rock show.

2. My fledgling internet station 901Rocks probably won't launch...ever.

Winamp works good an the price is just right. Oh well.

No it don't mean that... Just means we won't be listed on the Shoutcast Directory server since it won't be online any more.

But things will continue to run and work just as they do now.

No it don't mean that... Just means we won't be listed on the Shoutcast Directory server since it won't be online any more.

But things will continue to run and work just as they do now.

I guess it should keep working without any more updates, no?
We also use Winamp for Android, on the whole family's smartphones to move music to them, from the 10,000 song library on this PC via wireless. Way better than the old usb cord method.

Kindle Fire Hdx, Purchase with or without "special offers"

Fios Router Extendable ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)