Winegard HD 9095P Yagi

I have used the 9095P, the Channel Master 4228, and now use the AntennasDirect 91XG. The 9095P is a well built antenna that has a built-in VHF coupler. It has high gain and will work well in fringe areas. I wound up taking it down once I bought an HD tuner because, it does not handle multi-path very well. If you already know you have no multi-path issues, it's a good antenna for the money (and you can connect the 7084 to the VHF input for channels 2-13).

The PR8800 has less gain, but will handle multi-path better (it looks similar to the Channel Master 4228).

For reliable long-distance reception, the best consumer UHF antenna is the 91XG (http://www.solidsignal.com/prod_display.asp?CAT=&PROD=TD-91XG). However, it is more expensive and you have to buy a separate UHF/VHF coupler to combine the 7084 (only if your desired RF channels are 2-13). Assuming all the Rockford stations are UHF (14-69), you will get the best results with the 91XG.

The easiest way to determine if you might have multi-path issues is to point your 7084 towards Rockford to pick-up analog UHF (14-69) and see how much ghosting you see. If you see some snow, but no ghosting, you might get by with the 9095P. Costs aside, the 91XG is the best performer.

Another way to improve long-distance reception is to get the Channel Master 7777 pre-amp (http://www.warrenelectronics.com/antennas/7777.htm), which has less noise than the Winegards. Winegard pre-amps are better than the Channel Master's "Spartan" series, but the Channel Master "Titan" 7777 or 7775 is better than the Winegards (not dramatically better).

winegard HD 9095p

I swung my 7084 over to rockford I can get 2 digital stations from the 4 in analog, but the analog are not very good at all. I know 2 of their staions wrex 13 nbc is low power and wqrf fox 39 wont be digital till august or so... Im just wondering if going with that 9095 if I will really get any more gain on the uhf side.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts