Wineguard OTA

obi010

Original poster
May 23, 2004
Question the Wineguard OTA is a preamp antenna right? But I dont see my antenna plugged into any power source??? Was the installer suppose to plug it in?? When I check my Off-Air Signal Power/SNR it says 0/0.00 ??!?! :( Could the lack of power be a reason why I only get 1 local??

According to other threads and my installer the STB supplies the power for the antenna.

Make sure they plugged it into the 8vsb module and not the UHF remote jack. Then check the diplexer connections.

I just had the installer out yesterday to install the winegard sensar II, I had the same results, no signal at all. I tried both jacks and got nothing. OTA signal just doesn't seem possible 35 miles away from Philly.

Ota Winegard

Hi,

The Voom receiver supplies the power to the antenna (through the coax) so there is no separate connection to a power source.

The fact that you only get one local simply may due to your location. For example, I got the Wineguard "bi-directional" OTA installed on Monday and it only picked up two locals (PBS kids and Channel 26 - I'm here in Middletown, CT). :no Too bad, since it's a nice looking, unobtrusive little antenna.

As a result, they are installing a bigger antenna and a preamp (both Channel Master) later this week. Not too optimistic though.
We'll see.

Martin-

I just put in a winegaurd today at 45 miles. At first, we didn't get anything. I was doing a 3 room so we were using a multi switch. I unplugged everything and just used the antenna cable straight to the box. Worked great, all but one channel. Seems that diplexers and Multi switches were stopping the power the antenna, thus not letting it work. I had to hook up the 3x2 diplexer that came with the antenna and two tv's worked. We have to order a 3x3 winegard diplexer for it to work. I struggled for a long time with it and finally figured it out. IF ANYONE IS USING A WINEGARD, DO NOT USE A MULTI SWITCH OR DIPLEXER (Except for the one they send). From what I learned today, it doesn't seem possible unless the multi switch has power pass on it like the diplexer they send does.

i had the same problem with mine last sat install, first off she didnt know what she was doing, and her attitude was if you cant receive any local channels at all you will need to put up a tower or a tripod on your roof, so i ran a direct coax from the ota to the back of my rec and it brought in the local channels in hd, also it brought in 5 pbs channels from columbus, the only thing i dont get is pa:mad:which is only 5 miles from me) wb(columbus) and fo:mad:columbus), so i finally did get a thru to the csr today early in the morning, and i was approved for an upgrade for a much better antenna, also i had asked her about the e-mail i received last week about the 199.00 install for another rec. and they had not heard anything about it, so they are doing furthur research on the 199.00 deal and about the guy who sent me the e-mail

also i forgot in order for me to watch sat and the local channels, i run an a/b switch if i want to watch local i switch it to one side, sat to the other side, the diplixer will not work with both feeds one coming from the sat and the other coming from the ota antenna, until they schedule me another install for the upgraded antenna

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts