WinterClassic tickets are way over priced

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
So im on the list to get some tickets to the winter classic, looking at stubhub, the cheapest price for a ticket is 275 dollars per ticket (nose bleed), and go up to 10,000 per ticket. Sence when did the NHL become fan unfreindly with ticket prices to this event. With this economy, while there will be some, but not many will be able to afford the 275-900 dollar price range that each ticket is taged with.

The winter classic is not the superbowl, its not the world series, its not the stanley cup, its just a hockey game that is played outdoors. While the NHL could aquire to play more outdoor games per season, there shouldnt be such a premium placed on tickets. After all the whole entire infeild of wrigley would be open, why not make 15 dollar average joe seats out there with the limited view. Unless I get lucky and happen to win the drawing that they are having for winter classic seating, I honestly dont see myself going because of the high ticket prices as it has put this out of the reach of the average joe. With that said the same game played at the UC, ticket prices are (face vallue) 20 dollar nose bleed to 300 front row, on stub hub that game goes for 15 to 1140, a far cry from winter classic pricing.

As far as the blackawks, they have turned this into a season ticket marketing campaign in order to get seats you have to buy season tickets. If you dont your out with the average joe, out on waveland ave, probably drinking in a bar watching the game on tv.

So im on the list to get some tickets to the winter classic, looking at stubhub, the cheapest price for a ticket is 275 dollars per ticket (nose bleed), and go up to 10,000 per ticket. Sence when did the NHL become fan unfreindly with ticket prices to this event. With this economy, while there will be some, but not many will be able to afford the 275-900 dollar price range that each ticket is taged with.

The winter classic is not the superbowl, its not the world series, its not the stanley cup, its just a hockey game that is played outdoors. While the NHL could aquire to play more outdoor games per season, there shouldnt be such a premium placed on tickets. After all the whole entire infeild of wrigley would be open, why not make 15 dollar average joe seats out there with the limited view. Unless I get lucky and happen to win the drawing that they are having for winter classic seating, I honestly dont see myself going because of the high ticket prices as it has put this out of the reach of the average joe. With that said the same game played at the UC, ticket prices are (face vallue) 20 dollar nose bleed to 300 front row, on stub hub that game goes for 15 to 1140, a far cry from winter classic pricing.

As far as the blackawks, they have turned this into a season ticket marketing campaign in order to get seats you have to buy season tickets. If you dont your out with the average joe, out on waveland ave, probably drinking in a bar watching the game on tv.

Its all about getting something real intresting, outside game hawks/wings and then bleeding the customer, then pro sport teams wonder why fans stay away

I'm with Bob. Except I'd go farther. I think ALL sports tickets and anything to do with that sport are overpriced. Tickets, apparel, the 'season pass' type of things on cable/satellite, they are ALL overpriced.
I hate to have to say this, but maybe the economic downturn is a good thing. Maybe, just maybe, prices for things might get back to reality.

But probably not...LOL

Wow. A NHL game played at Wrigley? Thats a cool idea...first I've heard of it. Can you tell what a big Hockey fan i am? :)

Ticket prices are $75, $225, and $325 from the earlier post.

The Wings lower bowl are over priced for me as well at $ 80+ per seat.
I try to get the upper bowl first couple of rows for around $ 50 when I have a chance to go up to the Joe, which has been less and less in the last 5-10 years now.

Jimbo

the problem is the crook ticket brokers buy everything up. When will this ever be illegal to sell tickets above face value? All these places would be out of business and a smile on my face!

Found out last night that a friend of mine won the right to buy 2 tickets at $225 a pop, and she's going. No freakin' way I'm paying that kind of cash to sit outside a couple of hundred yards from the action. I told her she'll be watching from a warm bar by the second period.

Found out last night that a friend of mine won the right to buy 2 tickets at $225 a pop, and she's going. No freakin' way I'm paying that kind of cash to sit outside a couple of hundred yards from the action. I told her she'll be watching from a warm bar by the second period.

One if my friends had a spare ticket to go last years winter classic, well I couldn't afford it and I would rather watch hockey indoors.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)