Wireless TV2

According to the FCC no you can't it would be like creating a "broadcast" station without a permit or whatever. Put an antenna on the tv2 out and an antenna on the back of your tv2. Will need a strong enough out put out of tv2 out which you should be able to do with some sort of amplifier. I tried this with just 2 remote antenna from dish and plugged a piece of coax to lengthen it and when I put the antennas close to each other I got a picture. It is a bad picture but if you add an amplifier you can do it (should be able to)

According to the FCC no you can't it would be like creating a "broadcast" station without a permit or whatever.

Where did you get that idea? There are all kinds or wireless units on the market. Not that they are particularly great.

I've seen a couple of positive comments about the Terk Leapfrog LF30S. You need to make sure it doesn't fight with any existing wireless stuff (remotes, cordless phones, wireless routers, weather stations) you (or your neighbors) may have.

The lower frequency solutions often take quite a beating in the reviews.

Have a look at Brite-View Air Synch as well.

I have an Air Synch working on a 211k which transmits the HD signal to a bedroom television 2 floors up. This sucker sends the signal through walls and floors no problem.

Only works with HDMI though, but it may be a soluion depending what type of equipment you have.

I enjoy saving the 2nd receiver fee every month, and I very rarely watch TV in the bedroom and basement at the same time, so I really don't care if I can't watch 2 different programs (on both tv's) at the same time.

HD picture quality is 1080p and I have full access to the DVR content.

KAB said:
Where did you get that idea? There are all kinds or wireless units on the market. Not that they are particularly great.

Well it depends on how strong the signal is and where tv2 is. But of course I may be wrong.

I can't comment on some of the above recommendations, and I think some are overkill due to the fact tv2 only supports standard rca... But I have a few of these little guys (3 pairs). They work perfect for my situation, they have 4 different channels, and are 5.8Ghz (should get less interference). I have a 2 story 3000+ sq ft house with a TON of electronic stuff, and I can switch to any channel on any of the 3 receivers to get any of the tv2 feeds. They also are priced less than other suggestions. One plus about the other suggestions however is future-proofness, but even that is in question due to the fact of non digital connections being slowly phased out.

-Erik

repost.

222K with no sound on non-HD channels

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts