wiring satellite and cable together

dvoelker

Original poster
Nov 20, 2004
Please forgive my potentially incorrect forum placement of this thread but I could not find a more suitable home. I am looking at upgrading my SD set with Insight digital cable to a Samsung 5063 with Voom. I may elect to keep the cable for some of it's features in addition to the Voom STB. Can I run these two simultaneously on the same 5063? If so, how do I make the necessary connections?

Thanks!

Welcome to Satelliteguys!! :welcome

Your Voom box will have a DVI port on the back. You can hook it up with the supplied DVI cable from Voom to your TV's DVI port.

Depending on which box you have from Insight (is it their regular digital box or their HD/DVR box?) you will hook it up either with S-video cable if it's the regular box or component cables if it's their HD box.

On a personal note why would you keep Insight? I have their cable internet service and I can't stand their horrible service and technicians.

You use diplexers. One at the start of the feed combining the two wires into one. One at the other end breaking them apart again. This only works for cable/ant AND one sat feed combined. Can't have any splitters in between either. You cannot put 2 sats on one feed using diplexers.

Vice Grips said:
You use diplexers. One at the start of the feed combining the two wires into one. One at the other end breaking them apart again. This only works for cable/ant AND one sat feed combined. Can't have any splitters in between either. You cannot put 2 sats on one feed using diplexers.

I have a related question. If you have dishpro equipment with the ability to feed two sat receviers through the same feed are you able to still place a diplexer to get a signal back up the line?

Thanks

Voyagerbob

voyagerbob said:
I have a related question. If you have dishpro equipment with the ability to feed two sat receviers through the same feed are you able to still place a diplexer to get a signal back up the line?

Thanks

Voyagerbob

You cant feed 2 sat receivers through the same line... 2 tuners yes. 2 receivers no

The answer to your question is yes its a bit tricky to my understanding but can be done.

For custom installs, I like to use white cables after the grounding block or multiswitch. That way, there is absolutely no doubt, which cables are which. I fthe cable company happens to use white cables, then, I would use black ones for the satellite lnb feeds.

NVM Reset

Need some advise...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts