Woke Up This Morning And My Distants Are Gone!!!

This morning for the first day, I have ch.240 and 250 asking to call .

My distants are still there and working good.
Perhaps you need to call Dish to reinstate your channels.

At least two possibilities:

1.There was some comment by EchoStar to the court which said it would take them a long time(maybe a month) to shut them all off. Maybe they are getting started now in order to have the shutoffs all done by December 1.

2. The requalification process may be going on.

Last edited:
hmm interesting, I spoke to someone last night who said there were going to be no shutoffs until December 1st and that they were hoping congress would take action. Of course this person works with call center operations and does not deal directly with the distants stuff.

Distant Networks for a lot customers who has a local dma has been shut off as of today. It was ordered yesterday that the shut offs for the distants start now for people who have both dma and distant

Sorry, I don't think Congress could possibly do anything by Dec 1. The only time they do something fast, like over a weekend, is when they stomp on somebody's rights in the name of religious extremism.

Sorry to be bitter, but these jokers are moving us toward theocracy, and I don't want my life run by dim witted know it alls.

That being said, I'll go visit savemychannels.

My distants - Atlanta ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox; LA CBS, ABC, and Fox are all gone. I saw them disappear last night about 9:30 PM EST. I was recording ABC Atlanta and it just stopped. I went to the guide and all the above distants were suddenly highlighted in red and would not come on. Suddenly, the guide changed and all of the above were gone completely. I still have CBS-HD New York. I actually have waivers for all of the above so I do not understand what is going on.

Sticky? The end is comming for Distance Networks early.

What's that I hear ??? I believe it's a lady singing. I can just make out a figure in the fog.....It's a female allright and she looks like she a little on the heavy side. The singing is defenitely getting louder now.

It's been a great ride while it lasted. So long E*.

Congress won't do anything right now since they are out on the campaign trail. I think they are in recess until January.

Congress won't do anything right now since they are out on the campaign trail. I think they are in recess until January.
Agreed. Plus, my three legislators (2 Senators, 1 Congressman) told me they consider a matter for the courts to decide; they would do nothing to interfere with the legal process. I see savemychannels.com as a lame attempt by Dish Network to deflect part of the blame.

Congress actually comes back on Nov. 13th for a short session. No where's near enough time to enact anything that's going to help us DNS subs. And if the NAB has any objections to what Charlie's trying to do here, then this entire issue is dead forever in my opinion.

Congress actually comes back on Nov. 13th for a short session. No where's near enough time to enact anything that's going to help us DNS subs. And if the NAB has any objections to what Charlie's trying to do here, then this entire issue is dead forever in my opinion.

That right, they have to come back on 11/13 because there is a continuing resolution that funds the government through that time period. The only appropriations bills passed for F07 are Defense and Homeland Security. All other branches are stuck in a holding pattern for now.

-Mark

At least two possibilities:

1.There was some comment by EchoStar to the court which said it would take them a long time(maybe a month) to shut them all off. Maybe they are getting started now in order to have the shutoffs all done by December 1.

2. The requalification process may be going on.

I saw the same statement. I believe it said they could not do more than 8,000 shutoffs per day. That would miss Dec 1st by 70 days. My rough math says 800,000/30 is about 27,000 shutoffs per day. So each day we will have a new 27,000 angry customers. I have made my e-mails and phone calls to congress. Imagine if 27,000 people per day called.

They probably have to run some data base query to find subscribers with distants then submit a billing change to remove them. I bet it is a slow running process to look through every subscriber in the billing system, change the subscription, then update the billing records and print out a letter to be mailed.

Billing activity reflects loss of distant networks

My distant networks are gone.

My on-line account reflects the following activity:

STATE TAXES -0.39
11/01 11/01 NETWORK PACKAGE 11/01 TO 12/03 -13.13
11/01 11/01 SUPERSTATION PACKAGE 11/01 TO 12/03 6.56

I'm not happy about losing the distant networks but I'm glad to see that their billing system is up to date.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)