Wolverine Joins Buckeyes!

HD MM

SatelliteGuys Master
Nov 2, 2006
Believeland, Ohio
COLUMBUS: The Ohio State-Michigan rivalry is about to get even more interesting, now that former Wolverines player Justin Boren has decided to join the Buckeyes.

Ohio State coach Jim Tressel tells The Columbus Dispatch that Boren plans to put on the scarlet and gray after sitting out the 2008 season as required by NCAA transfer rules.

The sophomore offensive lineman left the Michigan program last month, saying its ''family values have eroded'' under new coach Rich Rodriguez.

Tressel says he's happy Boren has decided to continue his career at Ohio State and earn his degree in his hometown. Boren went to high school in the Columbus suburb of Pickerington.

See Link: HERE.

mich.jpg

Well honestly, no coach or program wants a player on their team that feels that way. I don't blame the guy for leaving if he feels he's better off at OSU. I also am glad Mich coaches didn't try to pander to him to get him to stay.

Well honestly, no coach or program wants a player on their team that feels that way. I don't blame the guy for leaving if he feels he's better off at OSU. I also am glad Mich coaches didn't try to pander to him to get him to stay.

There's not much to argue with a kid feeling that "the family values have eroded" under Rodriguez. Remember, R. Rod is the same guy who recruited Pacman, Chris Henry and WR Travis Garvin (currently in prison for armed robbery). Apparently class isn't first on his list of recruiting attributes or teaching practices.

I'm not diagreeing with you. All I'm saying is it's a big hit to take a year off etc. So, I can only assume that his life at Mich was so horrible and he just couldn't stand another day there. No big deal if someone wants to leave, everyone has to make the choice that is best for them and I feel if Mich tried to keep him and he stayed, then both would have been on the short end.

I also never said I liked the coach Mich went after to replace Carr.

All I'm saying is it's a big hit to take a year off etc. So, I can only assume that his life at Mich was so horrible and he just couldn't stand another day there.
It's more heartening to know that he puts other factors ahead of his athletic eligibility.

This kid whined all spring - "the coaches are all yelling at us, and they expect us to run to the line of scrimmage, and they run a no-huddle offense, etc...." Goodbye Boren, you won't be missed. By the way, he gets to pay for college at OSU, no scholarship, per Big Ten rules. Not to mention giving up a MICHIGAN education and diploma. Also would like to add that is absolutely no truth to the rumors, that Lloyd Carr steered Boren to OSU. Carr issued a rather strong worded denial, yesterday. Not that anybody in Michigan ever believed a word of that.

They have academdics at OSU? :) Actually, I agree hall, but I doubt we'll ever know the real reasons.

We'll have to wait to see how this kid turns out. If he becomes an upstanding person with or without a career in pro football, we'll know he's telling it like it is. If he turns out bad, like a Maurice Clarett or Cincinnati Bengal type player, then we'll know he was full of it. :)

We'll have to wait to see how this kid turns out. If he becomes an upstanding person with or without a career in pro football, we'll know he's telling it like it is. If he turns out bad, like a Maurice Clarett or Cincinnati Bengal type player, then we'll know he was full of it. :)

He can turn out to be an outstanding person and it would have no reflection what so ever on Michigan football. This kid didn't want to work harder, so he's gone. For all I know, he is an upstanding person now - just lazy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts