Wondering if you can modify the JVC (dishnetwork) 7200 to get FTA

Status
Please reply by conversation.
No way! It will work for the Dish channels that are In The Clear, but thats it : (

Dish Network and Bell ExpressVu receivers used to be able to get FTA. The frequency and symbol rate on echostar receivers are fixed, so there is no way to program them. The only way is to get a FTA bouquet that matches a Dish/BEV bouquet, i.e. primarily a bouquet with SR=20000.

On Telstar 5, there used to be an Arabic bouquet (frequency=11898) that matches those parameters. That's the one with Dubai Sports on it. It's no surprise, since that bouquet used to belong to the SkyVista service, which went bankrupt in spring of 2000. SkyVista used Echostar equipment.

I have used an old Echostar receiver to get Dubai Sports' soccer games for years, when there are other soccer games on T5's other ethnic channels that would cause a conflict on my DMT1050. This is mainly during World Cup qualifying match days...

That bouquet went away about 4 months ago. It's replaced by Globecast's Setanta Sports USA, but they changed the SR to 22000.

Seems like there should be something you can change the FW or something to allow FTA receiving... With the HD in it and all... Are there any Dish network boxes that can be modified?

Thanks,
Kevin L. Ward

kevinloydw said:
Seems like there should be something you can change the FW or something to allow FTA receiving... With the HD in it and all... Are there any Dish network boxes that can be modified?

Thanks,
Kevin L. Ward

I guess a Echostar box could be modified to get FTA, but it would require a re-write (or patching at least) of the firmware.

It would be easier and cheaper to get a Pansat 2500A or Fortec Ultra ( or a clone)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DCII FTA

Best Dish?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts