Voyager6

*Cancelled*
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 30, 2005
Wokeville
Tried to update a thread and here's what I got in response:
This Thread is more than 74 days old, you can't reply to it.
Something new?:confused:

I have not seen threads that won't allow a reply, usually there is a check box that allows you to reply as long as you "agree" to : "I am aware that this Thread is rather old but I still want to make a reply."

exactly...we had issues with people drudging up old (as in 5 year old) threads

this prevents it...if its something that really pertains to that original post, then by all means add a reply

But if a new topic thread would be better then do that :)

I agree with the staff actions here, although I do believe that the checkbox and agreement statement is a bit hidden. I think it should be moved to put it closer to the "You can't post this" statement and put in bold type.

As for Iceburg's statement on appropriatness, I believe there are two types of people in this world; those who place people into groups, and those who don't :D

Seriously, I prefer to ressurect an old thread rather than start a new one because the history is then all together. This seems to annoy some people, maybe those who need to look at the whole thread again, or who just feel it offends their sense of the world. That isn't important enough to be an issue to me, so I will generally just start a new thread and, if important, put a pointer back to the old one.

Yes, sometimes you are updating something and you'd have to provide a LOT of background if starting a new thread. The "are you sure" approach works for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)