Woodstock

Watching now... it has grain, but it was shot on 16mm film ;) better sound so far, same show so far as my 94 era Dvd, but much clearer...I have the Wal Mart version, I understand Target has a slightly different one... will have to check out 2nd disc also...

Watching now... it has grain, but it was shot on 16mm film ;) better sound so far, same show so far as my 94 era Dvd, but much clearer...I have the Wal Mart version, I understand Target has a slightly different one... will have to check out 2nd disc also...

I picked up the Target one. All the extra stuff is on the second disc, so I haven't seen it yet. I'd be interested in comparing what is on each version. I'm at work right now, but I'll post a list of the bonus material tonight.

There is only so much they can do with that 16mm source. Agree it looks grainy, but it is also definitely sharper. However, you buy this one for the music, and that is vastly superior. A lot of the dialog that was muddy and barely understandable is now crystal clear. The music is near studio quality as well.

I could have done without the fringed leather jacket and repro ticket junk, but the disc itself is definitely worth it. Fortunately, the disc comes with a normal case including jacket, so you can just stuff the junk on a shelf and forget it.

OK, here is the second disc content for the Target disc. Don, I'd be interested on how this differs from the WalMart "special" disc.

Performances:
Joan Baez - One Day at a Time
Country Joe - Flying high
Canned Heat - I'm her Man, On the Road Again
Mountain - Beside the Sea, Southbound Train
Grateful Dead - Turn on Your Love Light
CCR - Born on the Bayou, I put a spell on You, Keep on Choogin'
The Who - We're Not Going to Take it, My Generation
Jefferson Airplane - 3/5 of a Mile in 10 Seconds
Joe Cocker - Something's Coming On
Johnny Winter - Mean Town Blues
Paul Butterfield - Morning Sunshine
Sha Na Na - Teen Angel

Target Exclusive Performances
Canned Heat - Woodstock Boogie
The Who - Sparks
Jimi Hendrix - Spanish Castle Magic

Woodstock: From Festival to Feature
15 segments on making of the movie

4 Target Exclusive Featurettes
Reflections on an Era
A Farm in Bethel
Cinematic Revolution
Woodstock Generation

Over 3 hours Of New Bonus Content; Footage Not Included of Performances Never-Before-Seen from Santana, The Who, The Grateful Dead, Jefferson Airplane, Canned Heat and more; "Woodstock: From Festival To Feature"; "The Museum At Bethel Woods: The Story Of The Sixties & Woodstock"; Collectible 60+ Page "Life" Magazine Reprint, Woodstock Patch, a Lucite Lenticular Display featuring 3 Vintage Festival Photos and more; BD-Live Enabled Features Including Media Center, My WB Commentary, & Live Community Screening; Customize Your Own Woodstock Playlist! (From bonus performances), Featurette
Source & More: Wal-Mart

From the insert in my disc...

Joan Baez - One Day at a Time
Country Joe - Flying High
Santana - Evil Ways
Canned Heat - I'm Her Man, On the Road Again
Mountain - Beside the Sea - Southbound Train
Grateful Dead - Turn on Your Love Light
Creedence Clearwater Revival - Born on the Bayou, I put a Spell on You, Keep on Chooglin'
The Who - Were Not Gonna Take It, My Generation
Jefferson Airplane - 3/5 of a Mile in 10 Seconds
Joe Cocker - Somethings Coming On
Johnny Winter
- Mean Town Blues
Paul Butterfield - Morning Sunrise
Sha Na Na - Teen Angel

Woodstock: From festival to feature

Over 15 Segements including:
Featurette includes Huge Hefner's interview with Director Michael Wadleigh-- excerpts from the 70's show "Playboy After Dark"

Last edited:
Source & More: Wal-Mart

From the insert in my disc...
Strange. It looks like WallyWorld took out the Canned Heat and Mountain performances that everyone should get and didn't add any exclusive content. Actually, I'll bet it is there and the missing stuff is actually a labelling error.

Strange. It looks like WallyWorld took out the Canned Heat and Mountain performances that everyone should get and didn't add any exclusive content. Actually, I'll bet it is there and the missing stuff is actually a labelling error.
I missed Mountain in the insert... [ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/ref=pe_20890_12283320_pe_t2/?ASIN=B001V9LRTM"]Amazon.com: Woodstock: 3 Days of Peace & Music Director's Cut (40th Anniversary Ultimate Collector's Edition and BD-Live?@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51QE-CGJqML.@@AMEPARAM@@51QE-CGJqML[/ame] Amazon version is very close also...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)