World Cup cricket 2007

Status
Please reply by conversation.
so why is it also a problem on my 20" compter. And as another guy said earlier - he has a small 13" tv and another 27" old one which works fine.

It's just so annoying ....arrrrrrrgh:confused:

did u call DTV intl dept ?

I do have a flat panel 36" screen and maybe that is the reason I have not noticed any issues with the Cricket Matches. However, keep in mind that the resolution on a computer monitor may not be as clear as a TV would be due to the higher resolution that most of the monitors allow as opposed to TV's.

I do have a flat panel 36" screen and maybe that is the reason I have not noticed any issues with the Cricket Matches. However, keep in mind that the resolution on a computer monitor may not be as clear as a TV would be due to the higher resolution that most of the monitors allow as opposed to TV's.

The fact you seem to see the correct picture is very significant.
Just let me check on a couple of things.
Which DirecTV receiver do you have?
Is your picture wide screen without any bars, and if so did you get the widescreen picture without adjusting any controls on your receiver or TV? And to confirm that, if you change channels to a regular SD station (non widescreen), don't make any other changes, do you see a 4:3 picture with sidebars??

The fact you seem to see the correct picture is very significant.
Just let me check on a couple of things.
Which DirecTV receiver do you have?
Is your picture wide screen without any bars, and if so did you get the widescreen picture without adjusting any controls on your receiver or TV? And to confirm that, if you change channels to a regular SD station (non widescreen), don't make any other changes, do you see a 4:3 picture with sidebars??

Am at work now so not sure about the DirecTv receiver but I know that its about 2.5 years old, from Hughes and that it is a DVR.

My picture is widescreen without any bars and I did not have to change any specific settings on either my TV or DVR to change the same. Everything in every other channel I have is also clear with the same settings.

Also, I got one of the new DirecTV receivers (again do not now name and model) about a week back when the Installers actually setup the International Dish for me. It runs on a standard Def. tv (32" and in my bedroom)and I know that the Cricket Plus channel looks fine on it. I have TiVoed all the matches so far, so I cannot say how they look on the Standard Def. tv. I will be watching the India game live tomorrow so will check to see how it looks on the the same.

Edit: Typo(s)

Ok, let me repeat what I think you are telling me just to be sure.

You have an SD DirecTV DVR.
You have a wide screen TV
Normally when you watch SD TV, you see a 4:3 picture with sidebars on your 16:9 TV (unless you stretch the picture)
When you watch the world cup, you don't see a 4:3 picture, you see a widescreen picture, without applying any stretching.

Correct??

Ok, let me repeat what I think you are telling me just to be sure.

You have an SD DirecTV DVR.
You have a wide screen TV
Normally when you watch SD TV, you see a 4:3 picture with sidebars on your 16:9 TV (unless you stretch the picture)
When you watch the world cup, you don't see a 4:3 picture, you see a widescreen picture, without applying any stretching.

Correct??

Correct. Have an SD DirecTV DVR. Cannot get HD where I live because of LOS issues.
Correct I have a 36" LCD WideScreen tv.

I am pretty sure that I went into my DVR's settings right around when I got my new TV (WideScreen) last December and changed the setting there to 16:9. All my channels have worked pretty good and I have never had any specific issue of bad Picture quality. I have honestly not noticed any stretching at all on my TVs.

Also, regarding the previous question about Cricket Plus. I got it with the Hindi Direct 2 package which is available to me free for a month. As far as the highlights on Cricket Plus are concerned, I saw the same for the WI vs Pak match yesterday and they worked great on my both my TVs.

Also, regarding the previous question about Cricket Plus. I got it with the Hindi Direct 2 package which is available to me free for a month. As far as the highlights on Cricket Plus are concerned, I saw the same for the WI vs Pak match yesterday and they worked great on my both my TVs.

did u see black strip on top and bottom of screen ? as if it was cinemascop picutre ?

I called and reported the issue again.

I think the problem is the tv feed coming through is in widescreen only format! - thus making the picture look distorted in a regular 3:4 ratio tv. Why though is it happening only to a few people (AJ, myself) is beyond me! that is what needs to be figured out (hopefully before the WC is over!)

well

I called and reported the issue again.

I think the problem is the tv feed coming through is in widescreen only format! - thus making the picture look distorted in a regular 3:4 ratio tv. Why though is it happening only to a few people (AJ, myself) is beyond me! that is what needs to be figured out (hopefully before the WC is over!)

well its 6:31 MST and channle 2024 they r shwoing highlights of kenya v/s Canada . its being shown in RIGHT FORMAT. no streching of ppl absolutely correct format . Yesterday they sowed Pak v/s WI and it had black strip on top and bottom of scree making look like cinemascope. But today HIGLIGHTS are absolutely good :)

So if today highlights are solved lets hope 2morrow's games are solved.

Aj

Nice ... good start.

I don't have Cricket channel (yet!) - will just have to wait till tomorrow.

I will be away from the computer till Sat. night ... so please post and let me know if there were changes, I'll respond in turn then

Pathetic

Nice ... good start.

I don't have Cricket channel (yet!) - will just have to wait till tomorrow.

I will be away from the computer till Sat. night ... so please post and let me know if there were changes, I'll respond in turn then

well Ind / BDL game is on and its same pathetic aspect ratio crap issue :(

Still no change .... my kid was watching with me and wondering why the people looked so funny!

If this continues for much longer I am going to ask for a refund cause it's not what I paid $200 for!!

well I already asked for it and they said no .

btw i did buy 40 inch hdtv and it looks better on it :)

Funny cause I was about to do the same (buy a new 42 inch hdtv)

Does it just look better or as good as it's gonna be? meaning is the picture NORMAL with the hdtv?

On a sidenote for CRICKET PLUS channel: It is available as A LA CARTE for 14.99 (check the PDF in International programming page). I recently ordered and able to watch highlights of WC with no picture problems. I do have WS LCD, may be that is why.

Do you have a link to that PDF? I did a search on the D* website and could not find it.

Funny cause I was about to do the same (buy a new 42 inch hdtv)

Does it just look better or as good as it's gonna be? meaning is the picture NORMAL with the hdtv?

well it looks awesome on 40 icnh tv. SO if u r going to buy then is ay go for it :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts