WorldSport-HD Events Review...

Ronaldo renews bond to Real Madrid until June, 2008

02/03/2004
Real Madrid C.F. announces that its player Ronaldo Luiz Nazario de Lima has extended the contract binding him to the Club until June 30th, 2008. Although the Club was entitled to a one-year renewal of the previous contract, which was to terminate in 2006, both parties have eventually agreed to extend it until June 30th, 2008. The Brazilian player will appear before the media at a press conference in Santiago Bernabéu Stadium from 17:30.

WorldSport-HD Alert: Deportivo vs Valencia LIVE, 3/6 at 3:30PM

These soccer games are very exciting and very well produced. VOOM has invested a lot of $ on these games. Even if you are not a Soccer fan (which I was not before), you can appreciate the level of competition and enthusiasm displayed by Soccer Fans in La Liga.

There are 6 hours apart between US EST and Madrid so it is 9:30PM when they play. Valencia is number two in the Standing and Real Madrid is in first place.

If you are interested to know who provides produces these games for VOOM from graphics, production, and uplinking the satellite signal to the US, read here.

Game is on... Game temperature 15 degree Celsius or 59 degree Farenheit

La Liga Team Leaders

1. Real Madrid
2. Valencia
3. Deportivo

With 11 minutes played, referee calls a foul on Deportivo on a very controversial call. Deportivo players are very hot and so are the fans. Yellow Card for Luque from Deportivo. Barajas, Valencia, takes a shot against the goal keeper and the goal keeper blocks it but the ball reamins inside the box. A deportivo player blocks the ball and finally the goal keeper gets the ball -- no score.

Game has gotten very interested. Players are hot and so are the fans. Both teams are playing with a lot of intensity.

With 18 minutes gone by Deportivo has taken 3 shots and Valencia has take 5.

With 20 minutes Mista from Valencia all by himself takes a shot against the goal keeper - less than 5 feet from goal keeper - and misses. Ball remained in the box and there was a foul from deportivo player. Now Valencia has another scoring opportunity against the goal keeper. Valencia scored! 1-0 and I believe Deportivo will have only 10 men fro the rest of the game because of a penalty.

Next game: next Saturday Real Madrid vs Saragoza.

25 minutes: Deportivo had a tremendous opportunity to score and the guy instead of hitting the ball decide to pass and it was deflected. Even though Deportivo is playing with 10 men, they are not giving up. Valencia is now aggresively going for the kill. They just missed a score against the post.

Three sound drops and one video drop so far.

Omar from Valencia is injured and first substitution for Valencia. Valencia has not been able to score again in spite of playing very aggrasively and putting pressure on Deportivo.

41 minutes Valencia has shot 8 times while Deportivo has shot 6 times. Corner kick for valencia and barajas deflected the ball too high.

Three extra minute before first half finishes.

Mista takes a shot but misses with two minutes gone by.

Sanchez from Valencia just missed a goal from the side of the goal keeper. First half is gone.

Second half is on. Deportivo comes out very aggresively and almost scores. Very bad foul (obstruction) from Deportivo against Valencia. Free kick for valencia and they almost score. The ball goes wide. Valencia misses again. It looks like every opportunity that Valencia has it's wasted. I would not be surprised if Deportivo wins the game.

Free kick for Deportivo and it is jus inches wide.

An audio drop and video looked kind of crazy.

61 minutes to gone by. Deportivo had a bunch of scoring opportunities as well. Hard game from both Teams.

4 corners for Deportivo and 2 for Valencia.

Valencia just missed anothe chance. The pace of the game has picked up. Sissoko gets a yellow card for Valencia. The las seconds of the games. 3 minutes of injury time added.

Free kick for Deportivo ball goes out of a valencia player. Deportivo is rewarded with another corner. Ball goes out again and another corner but nothing happens. Here comes Deportivo again a kick to the box and it almost went in. The goal keeper saved it. Still Valencia 1 Deportivo 0. Another sound drop.

Mista is out of the game , limping with 66 minutes gone by.

78 minutes gone by Deportivo has so many scoring opportunities and their time is running out. 19 shots for Valencia, 12 shots for Deportivo.

Oh my! this game is not meant to be for Deportivo, they just missed another one.

3 minutes to go. Vicente from Valencia gets a yellow card.

Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooal for Vicente from Valencia with 2 minutes to go. Crowd goes wild... Deportivo no chance anymore...

More Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooal Vicente to Sanchez WOW!!!!!! Fantastick Valencia 3 Deportivo 0

Sean Mota said:
Game is over. What a F...game. Geez.... and you though that Soccer was not excited. WOW......
I really enjoyed that one. I hafta' say its pretty humorous to listen to the British commentators with their play by play, "Oh, a terrible ball there by Sanchez" or "A pitiful cross by Sissoko, very weakly played".

WorldSport-HD Alert: UEFA Cup, Fourth Round: Teams TBA, 3/11, at 3:30PM EST

According to Zap2it the game is tomorrow at 3:30PM

It could be this one since there are 6 hours difference:

Fourth Round
11 March 2004
21:30 (Local Time)
Villareal vs Roma

If someone is planning to watch it, please post here who was playing and all the details you can post. :)

dos - nil quick scores = WOW
sean - got my replacement box yesterday - no problems as with the initial one except waited and front panel reboot to get PG up, ota's fine also. I'm trying to watch this game native - is the upper-left scoreboard completely on screen on your set-up? mines missing maybe 1/3 of LHS??

sandpit said:
dos - nil quick scores = WOW
sean - got my replacement box yesterday - no problems as with the initial one except waited and front panel reboot to get PG up, ota's fine also. I'm trying to watch this game native - is the upper-left scoreboard completely on screen on your set-up? mines missing maybe 1/3 of LHS??

It is usually. I am not home so I can't tell you now.

Sean Mota said:
It is usually. I am not home so I can't tell you now.
we'll have scooter watching this "way cool" game b4 to long, mayb u can enjoy the replay later or hurry-up PVR/DVR, the rumored june doesn't sound right to me...

Villareal 2 and Roma 0 at half time. Interested game that almost was not played because of the terrorist attacked in Spain today.

Gotta Love Texas CSM

VOOM Program Schedulers!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)