Worst company ever...

This is exactly the point. I don't have a problem paying for a service call but when dish decided to put channels I am paying for on a sat I can't receive then I feel it is their responsibility to provide at no charge the equipment required to receive what I am paying for. Frankly if not illegal it is certainly unethical. The $15.00 won't break me but it is the principal.

Ross

yep I agree with you.

But E has become a PROFIT FIRST COMPANY and no longer appears to care about customer satisfaction:( or fairness:(

and although scotts advice is likely true at some point it shows what disregard the company has for its customers.....

nickle dime and fee them, hey they are sticky we need not worry..:(

That's not the case here though. The customer has not lost a single channel he was receiving, instead the customer wants the dish to get more.

Maybe I am misunderstanding your statement...but back earlier in the year when new HD was released I couldn't get it because they put it on a new Satellite that my dish wasn't pointing to. At the time I had the two dish set up...BUT...I was paying for those channels that I was not getting. To be honest if it wasn't for this board I wouldn't know that new channels were launched and that I wasn't getting them cause I wasn't on the Eastern Arch. Dish NEVER contacted me. I never got a letter or ANYTHING saying hey new channels were launched that you pay for but to get them you need a different set up. No I learned it from here and in turned took it upon myself to call dish to get a new set up that I had to pay $15 for. Ok again not a big deal. Whatever...its not going to make or break me as I said before. But really I pay (and to this day) still pay for the America's everything back and all the HD you can get. Yet DISH not me decides they want to put some new hd on a different bird. Fine...who am I do say no what have you. But don't make the customer pay for this stuff when I am contracted for the services I pay and its their choice to change things around. So I clearly see peoples points of views that are mad they have to pay for this upgrade to a new dish set up.

Here is one more example...I have Charter in my part of CT where I live...GOD AWFUL COMPANY. But I need them for my internet as DSL is not in my area. They have upgraded my speeds and since I was paying for the highest speeds I can get from them...when they upgraded their system not to long ago...I got a letter stating the my current modem was no longer able to provide me with the speeds they upgraded too and that they would be providing me with a new modem that could work with their speed up grade at no charge to me. Now here is a company that notified me of what was going on and then gave me the proper equipment that I needed...and this is Charter people...that is in BK or just came out of it.

I don't plan on leaving Dish or sit here and bash it...but I do think we are allowed to wonder and question some of things that are done and why they are done they way they are. (sorry for the long winded response).

They switched out my dish the next day for $15. My only question was, do you take cash? The first point resulted in pixelation. Called up CS and they sent a second installer to re point the dish for $0.00. It's Friday, more than $15 will be lost during Happy Hour.

I call them to find out why I'm not getting AMC channel in HD. She told me I'm on an old satellite and it would cost me $20.00 bucks to migrate to the new 72.2 sat. DN is the most worthless company ever. 2 years out of contract and I've bout had it with them. Damn..
Heck, that is a deal. I paid $95 and if you have a maintenance contract, it would cost you $15. I just did not want the maintainance cost forever, but it can be cancelled right after you use it (I think).

Heck, that is a deal. I paid $95 and if you have a maintenance contract, it would cost you $15. I just did not want the maintainance cost forever, but it can be cancelled right after you use it (I think).

You can cancel immediately following the service call but it will cost you $25...

UPDATE! I did the chat thing on there website and wham she types we'll send a guy out free of charge on Tuesday. Why didn't they just do that the first time? Crazy.

UPDATE! I did the chat thing on there website and wham she types we'll send a guy out free of charge on Tuesday. Why didn't they just do that the first time? Crazy.
So... is Dish Network still the corporate spawn of satan?

no disrespect but if a company is the worst ever for charging you $20.00 I think the problem might be with your finances and not the company, $20.00 really? :rant:

I'm missing something here... The OP is told that, through no fault of his own, that he's going to need to pay $20 to keep getting the same service he's happily had for nearly two years. That feels a little underhanded to me. If he's paying $80 a month, Dish swallowing $20 more bucks to keep him happy sounds like a no-brainer to me. Viewers don't ask Dish to more channels to new satellites they can't get!

From what I've learned on here the last few weeks, it seems like it's a good thing I'm doing SD-only and no locals. The hot potato satellite shifts, though fascinating, would seem to be a real pain.

It costs a lot more than $20 bucks to roll a truck. Yeah, they should swallow the last $20, too.

I call them to find out why I'm not getting AMC channel in HD. She told me I'm on an old satellite and it would cost me $20.00 bucks to migrate to the new 72.2 sat. DN is the most worthless company ever. 2 years out of contract and I've bout had it with them. Damn..

You're right that they are the worst of the television providers but not because of the reason you sight.

It costs a lot more than $20 bucks to roll a truck. Yeah, they should swallow the last $20, too.

If I knew dish was gonna charge me 5.00 bucks to remove programing or charge me 20 bucks everytime they switch sats, or 100 bucks to FIX THERE OWN EQUIPMENT, or 5.00 bucks for dvr service, or 5.00 bucks for having a dvr. It's all a scam...

I'm missing something here... The OP is told that, through no fault of his own, that he's going to need to pay $20 to keep getting the same service he's happily had for nearly two years. That feels a little underhanded to me. If he's paying $80 a month, Dish swallowing $20 more bucks to keep him happy sounds like a no-brainer to me. Viewers don't ask Dish to more channels to new satellites they can't get!

From what I've learned on here the last few weeks, it seems like it's a good thing I'm doing SD-only and no locals. The hot potato satellite shifts, though fascinating, would seem to be a real pain.

I read through this thread and feel the same. I don't know why everyone is poking fun at the $20 because it's so low, when it's Dish that made changes that would require the OP to have a different satellite lineup to get what he/she is already paying for. It's not the $20, it's the principle.

I'm just trying to use the same post..didn't want to start a new one. I got the new dish..it's the turbo hd dish, just wondered why they didn't take the old on since it's not connected anymore. Can I just take it down myself?

I know I missed most of the fun stuff but, Xterra, I agree with you! Technology keeps changing, Dish Network and DirecTV can’t hang on to existing set ups forever, so they have to make changes, that’s fine I get that. But why should you, the consumer have to pay for their inability to use their current technology? I know we all pay for that as part of our monthly service, no matter what provider we choose, but why should we have to pay more on top of that? $20 is nothing, but it’s the principle of the thing. One of many things I don’t miss about satellite, when Time Warner went to switched digital video here, it cost me nothing to be able to receive the loads and loads of new HD channels. I am sure it cost them a pretty penny to upgrade all the nodes.

If you think DISH is the worst company ever then it must be because DISH is the only company you're doing business with :)

Domino's doesn't guarantee delivery in 30 minutes anymore, why would you expect DISH to eat a cost it doesn't have to? And guess what, Domino's still charges you full price whether they get there in 30 minutes or 30 days.

You want free, DISH doesn't care. Your whining about it doesn't change that fact. It is amusing however.

If you don't want to pay, don't. There are rewards or consequences for every decision in life. It's a simple concept really.

I know I missed most of the fun stuff but, Xterra, I agree with you! Technology keeps changing, Dish Network and DirecTV can’t hang on to existing set ups forever, so they have to make changes, that’s fine I get that. But why should you, the consumer have to pay for their inability to use their current technology? I know we all pay for that as part of our monthly service, no matter what provider we choose, but why should we have to pay more on top of that? $20 is nothing, but it’s the principle of the thing. One of many things I don’t miss about satellite, when Time Warner went to switched digital video here, it cost me nothing to be able to receive the loads and loads of new HD channels. I am sure it cost them a pretty penny to upgrade all the nodes.

Why do you think they had to upgrade the "nodes" just to provide HD?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)