Would you keep Voom on Jan. 1st if...

ChetK

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 14, 2004
Round Rock, TX
If prices went up to the new pricing on Jan. 1 for all previous price subscribers, will you keep Voom?

For me, whether or not I keep VOOM is totally dependent on the DVR coming out.

I would like to vote for the first and third options, but the poll only let me do one, so I voted for the first one.
In other words, I will pay the new higher rate, but if they offered the option of keeping the old price if you sign a one-year contract, I would go for that deal because I am confident enough that I like the service to commit to a year.

But this is from the standpoint of someone who got free installation, and had all the installation kinks (larger dish, removing diplexer, etc.) worked out free of charge -- if I were looking at paying the new higher monthly rate AND forking over $200 to get installed, I'm not so sure.

Yes if....
1. DVR
2. Confidence VOom will be around for a while
3. Continued improvement in content and quality
4. Improvement in service (CSR's and Installs)

I also would have checked 1 and 3

Not sure for me. Depends what the competitors are offering in terms of HD by Jan 1...

I was expecting the price increase all along, so it's no big suprise. I'll have to decided if Voom really is worth $60 a month for basic satellite service???

-John

Can't say. Jan05 is a long way away and lots of things could happen between now and then. All depends on what V* and D* and even cable will do

My yes vote is contigent on more channels being added, fixing sparkles, and release of DVR.

Now if other providers start to come up in their competiton to Voom I would really have to think it over.

I voted yes.

But, if D* or E* match Voom HD offering (that is, if they add at least 30 HD channels) for lower price and better PQ and no commitment and a supply of HD-quality popcorn for 6 months I will reconsider. :)

1 and 3.

I'm happy with voom. for some reason it stutters every 10 seconds now, but i think a storm is brewing :(

andrzej said:
I voted yes.

But, if D* or E* match Voom HD offering (that is, if they add at least 30 HD channels) for lower price and better PQ and no commitment and a supply of HD-quality popcorn for 6 months I will reconsider. :)
A 6 month supply of popcorn would definitely keep me around... regardless of price...

Im keeping VOOM...its a very good basic package along with DTV. Now I have to work OT to pay for all this...but its worth the pricetag. Even if I went up for me to the new price I would keep it. I have confidence that VOOM will add new HD ch's before Jan.

riffjim4069 said:
I plan to keep VooM just as long as the bitrate and HD channels increase.

I would have to agree with this but also would sign a 1 year contract if they kept pricing the same.

I got Voom in January, and it has been fun and interesting to experience the growth, and the many changes that have occurred. When they started, they had the Voom exclusives, and a handful of SD channels. There was no ESPN, and no HBO and those are two of my favorites. But Voom had intent to add them, and now they are here.

I have an STB that has been reliable for more than 6 months, and I have a two year in-home warranty on it that Voom provided for $0. Original cost for installation and activation was $749, and Voom gave back $300.

Sure--I'd like to pay the same rate even if I have to commit for a year, but will definitely stick around if rates are increased at the first of next year. I'm very interested in the upcoming improvements, and I still want to be here when they start being implemented.

The forum is still the best best place to go for information and assistance. If you can get past some of the negativity and look for positive information, it makes Voom more enjoyable for me. Even some of the negative stuff is helpful, because it makes be grateful that I don't have those problems.

I voted NO since I highly doubt they will fix the PQ issues, have the PVR out, have the new dishes installed and be on WM9 with fabulous PQ by then. I can barely tolerate Voom at the current price, $10 more/month = Come and get it, Voom, call me back when you have WM9 rolled out and a pristine picture.

EDIT: There's a big BUT attached to this: My roomate's price/month includes sat service, if he is willing to pick up half the cost then I will keep it since I would then be paying less/month for it. :D

I'd def do the $10 increase...but if they ever decide to price the VaVaVoom package at it's 'value' rate of $109.90 then some real serious thinking will be in order. Not sure any television service is worth that kind of money to be honest.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts