Would you want the stb to display channel/clock?

tdillon said:
Can someone add appropriate poll questions that would make the results of this poll useful?

option 4: both clock and channel only if the display could also be turned off.
option 5: I don't want any more lights on the box.
I can add them, if jimmykce1 who started this poll doesn't mind.

On the other hand, would anyone not choose option 4? Sounds like it would satisfy everyone...

I didn't vote, there is no option for none of the above. My HT has to be absolutely dark and since my gear is rack mounted on the wall behind me, facing my screen, I've had to tape over the faceplates of all my equipment. Damn, those LED's are bright.

Why does anyone need to see the time on a stb? All you have to do is hit the Info or Surf Bar to see the time.

DarrellP said:
I didn't vote, there is no option for none of the above. My HT has to be absolutely dark and since my gear is rack mounted on the wall behind me, facing my screen, I've had to tape over the faceplates of all my equipment. Damn, those LED's are bright.

Why does anyone need to see the time on a stb? All you have to do is hit the Info or Surf Bar to see the time.
My point exactly...however, I wouldn't mind displaying the time on a dim setting. VOOM can add a thermometer and speedometer for all I care...just as long as these options are configurable and can be disabled at the customers choosing.

Hey Voom,

How about utilizing the "message" light on the STB as well? How complicated can that be?

It look like most want the ability to display both the clock and channel number. I would also like the ability to have this display on or off, like the caller ID and CC function.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts