Wrong stations

drakezz

Original poster
Dec 4, 2004
Circle Pines MN
On one of my boxes I am getting stations showing up on the wrong channels. For instance, instead of SciFi (523) I get Bravo (502) while instead of USA (522) I get OLN (328) and on one of the Cinemax channels I get MSNBC. These wrong stations also show up on the correct channel numbers for that station. I've rebooted the box a few times and have unplugged it more than once but nothing corrects it. Am I missing something or is this just a bad box since there are no problems with the other box?

I had the same problem

i reversed the cables going into the multiswitch from the satellite and then rebooted the receiver and everything started working normally.
-Jay

Aha, would that also explain problems with OTA? Frex, certain channels don't show up using the attached OTA antenna but I can pick them up using a cheap rabbit ear/loop antenna attached directly to the TV.

Yes, this might be a related problem (though not necessarily). The same DC voltage, responsible for polarity switching, might be used to power the pre-amp in your OTA antenna.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts