X-Box, Playstation, and Wii Game News

Apparently this is happening....

I actually had a decent time with The Division but I didn't see anything from the story or characters to make me think it was worthy of a movie. They were able to get some pretty well respected actors on board too. Between this and the Assassin's Creed movie Ubisoft seems to be really interested in adapting their franchises to the big screen.

Splinter Cell would be the next obvious choice for me if they were still making games in that series. In reality Watch Dogs or Far Cry will probably be next.

Not to mention that "The Division" as a story probably won't translate well in that it's basically about a secret military organization that comes in to lock down a city, where criminals are given NO due process and senselessly murdering thousands upon thousands of people is rewarded. Seriously, have you ever really thought about the methods of that game?

Not to mention that "The Division" as a story probably won't translate well in that it's basically about a secret military organization that comes in to lock down a city, where criminals are given NO due process and senselessly murdering thousands upon thousands of people is rewarded. Seriously, have you ever really thought about the methods of that game?

It has the same problem as every shooter. The hero accomplishes his/her mission buy killing thousands of people. At least in The Division it is justified a little better than it is in the Uncharted games. I realize this is oversimplified but in Uncharted Nathan Drake is basically murdering people because they want the same ancient treasure he does. In The Division the people you are sent to kill are usually in the middle of a plot to burn a bunch of civilians alive or something equally terrible. You are stopping terrorists by murdering them before they can murder innocent people.

I find that it's usually better not to dwell on those details when I play a shooter and just enjoy the gameplay. It can be tougher to do that if you focus on the fact that the "hero" is probably a murderous psychopath. Of course, that can be more of a challenge when they try to turn that story into a movie with no gameplay to fall back on. To be fair, there are plenty of action movies featuring heroes that gun down hundreds of bad guys too.

Activision has done another "Remaster Stealth Release," this time with Transformers: Fall of Cybertron. It should be available this week on PS4 and Xbox One.

https://www.destructoid.com/transfo...is-out-this-week-on-ps4-xbox-one-379287.phtml

I hope they didn't butcher this like they did with Ultimate Alliance and Prototype. This game is actually a LOT of fun, and this is coming from someone that knows nothing about and doesn't care for the Transformers series. Obviously if you're a fan of the series then you'll probably like this, but the combat system in this game is a lot of fun, sticking to that fun tried and true Platinum Games combat system.

Activision has done another "Remaster Stealth Release," this time with Transformers: Fall of Cybertron. It should be available this week on PS4 and Xbox One.

https://www.destructoid.com/transfo...is-out-this-week-on-ps4-xbox-one-379287.phtml

I hope they didn't butcher this like they did with Ultimate Alliance and Prototype. This game is actually a LOT of fun, and this is coming from someone that knows nothing about and doesn't care for the Transformers series. Obviously if you're a fan of the series then you'll probably like this, but the combat system in this game is a lot of fun, sticking to that fun tried and true Platinum Games combat system.

According to Steam's updated reviews and forum for Marvel Ultimate Alliance the problems with the port have been fixed. There is no excuse for launching a game in that state but it's actually pretty impressive how quickly they were able to fix it. It just made my Steam wishlist.

I am also going to keep an eye out for these deals on these Transformers games. I had never paid any attention to them before because I just assumed they were terrible but I just watched a gameplay clip in the comments from that article and it actually looks pretty awesome.

Oh yeah the game is a lot of fun. I picked it up on the Steam Summer Sale. Hoping to do a review of it but I keep getting pulled away by other stuff.

Speaking of surprise remasters, there is also this. It looks like the collection isn't coming to PC which is totally fine with me but I am glad to see Dead Rising 1 finally getting a PC port for $20 as a result of these remasters. I had a lot of fun with the original game on 360 and would have bought a PC copy a long time ago if it was available. Dead Rising 2 and Off the Record are both available on PC for $20 as well but they are the original releases from years ago.

I saw video for the dead rising remasters where they are 19.99 each. Was that for PC or for xb1? Seems kinda odd they would do a xb1 collection like the master chef collection or something.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys mobile app

I saw video for the dead rising remasters where they are 19.99 each. Was that for PC or for xb1? Seems kinda odd they would do a xb1 collection like the master chef collection or something.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys mobile app

Well the remastered collection is only coming to PS4 and Xbox One. You can get a bundle that includes Dead Rising, Dead Rising 2, and Dead Rising 2: Off the Record for $50 or buy digital versions of the games for $20 each. Dead Rising 3 is not included in the bundle.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/08/09/dead-rising-re-releases-get-launch-date-and-price

PC isn't getting the remastered versions of these games because they decided Dead Rising 2 and Off the Record already looked good enough on PC. They are porting over the remastered version of Dead Rising 1 for $20 on the same date as the remastered versions hit consoles. The reason that is news is because Dead Rising 1 was never on PC before.

Thanks for clarifying. Kinda sucks as I have all the games already on my 360 other than DR3 which just sucks anyways... lol. I was hoping BC would come on these still. Im not against paying for some remastered stuff but $20 a pop seems a bit stiff to me. Maybe ill wait for them to go down and grab them all around the time DR4 hits the shelves....

Thanks for clarifying. Kinda sucks as I have all the games already on my 360 other than DR3 which just sucks anyways... lol. I was hoping BC would come on these still. Im not against paying for some remastered stuff but $20 a pop seems a bit stiff to me. Maybe ill wait for them to go down and grab them all around the time DR4 hits the shelves....

If they do a physical release for that $50 bundle with all 3 games I wouldn't be surprised to see it for around $20 by Black Friday. I prefer digital copies but, at least on console, the physical copies tend to drop in price much faster.

Telltale is apparently getting WORSE with each game release in terms of performance. The resolution and frame rate shown in the new Batman TT series is almost insulting.

Telltale is apparently getting WORSE with each game release in terms of performance. The resolution and frame rate shown in the new Batman TT series is almost insulting.

And this is why I'm done buying TellTale games on console. To be fair I heard the PC version had some issues on certain hardware too. The sad thing is, this ha,e was supposedly the launch of their new engine that was supposed to fix this problems.

Playstation Classic Game Console w/Enhancements

PSN Network ID

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts