OTHER X2 Premium HD PVR Satellite Receiver

says may 20 2013
ftp upload date was may 31 2013
the only 2012 file there is the hyndaz from 12-26-2012

ah ok, am good with my april 2013 one for now. Unless those new ones have something extra perhaps hehe..

maybe I will load them and test them to see if any improvements.

I didn't see any april firmware there (judging by the ftp upload dates) just the march 27,30 then may.

I got it from a 2nd unit I've ordered from ebay ($56 deal shipped) 2 weeks ago for my home office. That x2 came with that particular f/w and loaded into both my X2 Premium HD's.

Must be what they are shipping their current x2's for sale.

May 20th fw plays youtube perfect using the wifi usb adaptor

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Has anyone tested this receiver on 4:2:2 feeds? I found a pirate forum where somebody was trying to claim that it worked fine on 4:2:2 for him, then when people started questioning him about it, he said that it worked on some 4:2:2 feeds but not others. Then the thread shifted to other subjects. I haven't seen any mention of 4:2:2 on any other sites.

Has anyone tested this receiver on 4:2:2 feeds? I found a pirate forum where somebody was trying to claim that it worked fine on 4:2:2 for him, then when people started questioning him about it, he said that it worked on some 4:2:2 feeds but not others. Then the thread shifted to other subjects. I haven't seen any mention of 4:2:2 on any other sites.

Nah no 422 as I checked for myself couple of months ago when I got my 1st X2.

Now I just completed a head to head test between the x2 and microhd in a blind scan test. And here are my results.

Scanning G17 Ku at 1545pm local time.
1.2m dish with universal lnb.

Microhd found 6 channels and took 8 1/2 minutes to complete.

X2 Premium found the exact same channels in 2 1/2 minutes.

I got a raw video showing this test without pause and or editing.

Am gonna post it on youtube in a few minutes.

Interesting test! I was just wondering, I saw you did a detailed blind scan on the microHD (which would have slowed it's normal blind scan speed) and I know that can often find a higher number of channels. On the X2, does it also offer a normal vs. accurate/detailed blind scan? If not, I'd love to see a normal blind scan on the microHD vs. the X2 to see how they compare just in terms of speed :)

Interesting test! I was just wondering, I saw you did a detailed blind scan on the microHD (which would have slowed it's normal blind scan speed) and I know that can often find a higher number of channels. On the X2, does it also offer a normal vs. accurate/detailed blind scan? If not, I'd love to see a normal blind scan on the microHD vs. the X2 to see how they compare just in terms of speed :)
I noticed that also.it would make the micro much slower.

As far as I kno the x2 only has one setting for blindscan.

A better test would be to point both to a sat like SatMex8 with low symbol rates and run the micro with a regular blind scan against the X2.Time them and do a channel count. Then do a detailed scan on the micro and compare the time and channels found.

I noticed that also.it would make the micro much slower.

ok just did the 2nd BLIND SCAN TEST video and here is the results.

Microhd normal blindscan found 5 channels and took 5:45min approx
X2 Premium HD blindscan found 6 channels and took 2:45min approx

video is been prepared as we speak and uploading to Youtube

A better test would be to point both to a sat like SatMex8 with low symbol rates and run the micro with a regular blind scan against the X2.Time them and do a channel count. Then do a detailed scan on the micro and compare the time and channels found.

I can do that.. let see if I can later.

The GEOSATpro HDVR1200 is built with the same chipset as the X2, so we fully understand the reason that this particular satellite and scan mode produced these results.

Setting the microHD to detailed blind scan on a satellite that has no low band and DBS frequencies in high band will result in an extremely long scan. The detailed setting forces an extended service logging sequence of every signal, valid parameters or not. The microHD allows a start and stop frequency and should be contained to the parameters matching the desired scan range. The Novatek chipset routine is different in the way that it pre qualifies a signal before scanning. It will not log tables that it determines not to be valid and will miss channels with non compliant tables.

To compare the scan accuracy and speed, select a satellite that has no DBS high band frequencies and set the LO to 10600 with 22KHz ON for both units. Set the microHD to Normal Blind Scan mode and set the start frequency to 11700 and stop to 12200. This way both receivers are going to log the same frequency range and only analyze the transponders logged in a valid range.

The microHD offers the ability to expand or restrict the blind scan parameters and the X2 does not. Unfortunately, this test is the result of forcing the microHD to analyze frequencies for valid signals that the X2 won't allow.

Try the test again using apple to apple modes for range and scan type and please share your results. I believe the results will reflect a much narrower gap. I find both receivers to find channels that other brands do not and the X2 to have a scan speed approximately 15% faster than the microHD.

Review the first one hundred posts of this thread and you will be reminded that the issues that I pointed out had nothing to do with accuracy and speed. There is a reason that we developed the HDVR1200 on the Novatek chipset. :D

I predict that a few members will continue to try and twist my posts about this receiver... Read the entire thread and you will see a trend...

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts