OTHER X2 Premium HD PVR Satellite Receiver

In fact firmware ive loaded on my s10 had that too and could care less.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

back in its hey day I went through tons of different firmwares for the s10, even ones from questionable sites. Even locked it up a few times and had to get it going again with the RS232 cable. I never seen any of that in any of those. I understand that you can get it for the s10 though, but those sites that had that I didn't want to have my IP affiliated with them.

It may get to a point (if we aren't there already) where that type of firmware is the only type firmware available for the receiver.The jan 9 firmware also had hack stuff but was the 1st firmware that the motor worked for me.

As staff member of a site that doesn't promote stealing I DO.
So what if you personally don't use it? If its posted here and someone downloads it and does use it to steal then in my mind we are no better off than most other sites out there....the ones who cater to the theft crowd.

Isn't that EXACTLY what someone got fined millions for a few weeks ago? He knowingly hosted firmware for hacking on his forum. Even if you say "don't use these features that happen to be in the firmware" we could still end up losing this awesome site, which no one wants.

Isn't that EXACTLY what someone got fined millions for a few weeks ago? He knowingly hosted firmware for hacking on his forum. Even if you say "don't use these features that happen to be in the firmware" we could still end up losing this awesome site, which no one wants.

BINGO!

OK for legal reason then I see why it was removed and I respect that.

Going back in time ICEBERG (06/10/2009), you loaded a hacked firmware on your Coolsat 8000 cause it had features that the OEM firmware didn't and I do recall it was even posted here to download (and still is).
Even though you did not use it for its hacking purposes, you uploaded it and suggested its use to anyone who owned this particular model. Remember my $20.00 special :D Link --> http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads...5-wow-what-a-diference?highlight=coolsat+8000

So it wasn't prohibited back then in 2009 but in 2013 it is? Or its a personal issue re: MicroHD -VS- X2 Premium ?????????

Ummmm try again Art....That link you posted was FACTORY SOFTWARE that had all the hacker options removed.
So it sounds like you are grasping at straws here

Or its a personal issue re: MicroHD -VS- X2 Premium ?????????
ok now you are REALLY grasping at straws here. It goes back to the fact the software IN ITS CURRENT STATE you can use to steal and having that link here I wont tolerate. Whether or not you personally "use that option" I don't really care. Also I dont care what model/make of receiver it is. If someone is going to post links or upload software that we as a site can get into trouble with I suggest going elsewhere. We simply don't tolerate it here. We haven't since 2004 when the FTA portion of Satelliteguys opened :)

getting back to the firmware,I couldn't use my previous sat/channel list so I had to start from scratch.
The default sat list is chaos and still missing 1/2 the sats.
The only thing that remained intact when I loaded my old list was the sat names.All the other settings had to be re-done.
The names were there but no tp's.All the motor setting had to be done over.Took me 2.5 hours.
The only advantage I see is pid scan,which I don't use anyway.Now hopefully I have a sat list I can use for future firmware,if any.

getting back to the firmware,I couldn't use my previous sat/channel list so I had to start from scratch. The default sat list is chaos and still missing 1/2 the sats. The only thing that remained intact when I loaded my old list was the sat names.All the other settings had to be re-done. The names were there but no tp's.All the motor setting had to be done over.Took me 2.5 hours. The only advantage I see is pid scan,which I don't use anyway.Now hopefully I have a sat list I can use for future firmware,if any.
You're not alone. The default sat. list is incomplete at best. I could not add anything from my old list, I had to redo the entire list, especially since I prefer sat. positions rather than names. As for the PID scan, I could do without it also.

one nuisance is the diseqc motor control goes back to position 1 instead of staying on the last sat you set up.So for position 12 or 13 you have to move the dish a long way just to start scanning.

So I ordered one from ebay. Took a while to get. Came in an Amazon box. Like I ordered it from amazon. Got it all plugged in. Noticed the problems you guys had. Fired up a email to them. Below is the following reply. I did not receive the new file in my email. So if somebody has a linky or pm me the march firmware that is great. The last I got from ftp site was Jan 9th.

Dear Sir,

For X2 Premium we are working to fix the Youtube , Because the API Key for Youtube is change to another server so we need to issue new software and now we are wait the new API Key from Google.

For USALS we will release new software and will fix this issue for Americas soon.

For Diseq Switch we already solve all the problem on it.

Please check the 6 March Software in attached file.

Please feel free to contact us.

So a update I guess.

Thanks,

Josh

So I ordered one from ebay. Took a while to get. Came in an Amazon box. Like I ordered it from amazon. Got it all plugged in. Noticed the problems you guys had. Fired up a email to them. Below is the following reply. I did not receive the new file in my email. So if somebody has a linky or pm me the march firmware that is great. The last I got from ftp site was Jan 9th. Dear Sir, For X2 Premium we are working to fix the Youtube , Because the API Key for Youtube is change to another server so we need to issue new software and now we are wait the new API Key from Google. For USALS we will release new software and will fix this issue for Americas soon. For Diseq Switch we already solve all the problem on it. Please check the 6 March Software in attached file. Please feel free to contact us. So a update I guess. Thanks, Josh
Who did you email? The place you purchased it from? What problems were are you experiencing? My X2 Premium HD is my primary blind scan receiver as it is the most sensitive and has the fastest most thorough blind scan in my collection.

Usals don't work. Don't move dish. Actually turns off receiver sometimes. Disceq does move motor (might have jump the gun on that one.). No youtube, Don't care about that. But figured that was a key update. Also I forgot to mention to them. The signal meter jumps to dead when doing something. Can't remember. The plus side is. Crazy thing blind scans fast. So I did fire them back a e-mail about the file and asking about 4:2:2 support. See what they say. I guess it picks up some 4:2:2 feeds but not all. So I don't know if this is a fluke, or if the channel switched. See what there official response will be. I e-mailed from the website. However, the ebay user, address, and what not all seem to be the same place. I did notice that somebody out of florida is selling a batch on ebay for like $137.00. LOL. Crazy thing. One more thing I forgot to add. The ebay add said new 2013 model. But looks the same to me.

You tube and weather works Ok on this side w/ latest firm. No 4:2:2 now or never the box wasnt design or able to handle

Information about Ez Software. I was able to get a Copy of the ezm software that is used to edit channels. I decided to see if I could find an updated version of it. But the software looks like a in house development copy used to work with receivers. So far I got Novatek Purchased Cheertek in 2007. The manual for the software says 2008. At the time Novatek was Taiwan's No2 supplier of driver chips for large lcd's. On a side note. Has anybody tried to change the logo's? I'm going to play with it tonight. To see once I connect to the receiver if you can upload a different splash screen on startup.

TTFN,

Josh

EZM editor is required for changing the background images. Each editor is unique to the chipset and firmware, but the backgrounds should be able to be changed with any current version. I have found the EZM versions not to be interchangeable between models for list management. The EZM editor for this STB would be specific to this model and likely only available from the developer.

I don't think ezm ever worked from day 1.
As an example,make a db file from scratch and save.You won't be able to load it with ezm again,it errors out.

I have tried the sellers version of EZM Editor on the X2. I believe the editor came from their site when I first bought the unit. It never worked, so uninstalled.

We received another EZM version from Novatek for another STB project. It works well with our project, but not with X2.

I got it to connect, download. But Couldn't do anything else. Putting it in debug and watching the little unit boot up is fun though.

Josh

the editor for the older cheertek ct216 worked fine for the ct216,too bad they couldn't repeat the same program for the nt78326.
Interesting that the dr. hd d15 has the novatek processor but the firmware went with the .ndf format for sat/channel lists and their editor works for their .ndf files.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)