OTHER X2 Premium HD PVR Satellite Receiver

Josh, what kind of USALS motor are you using? I have been running an SG2100 motor for awhile and I have been happy with one of the older October firmware versions. I haven't had much time to test the newer versions.

When I was out last week I was looking for the name of the motor. I have the name of the dish and lnbf. But The motor just says hh. But I can't remembe what brand. I think I have documentation some place. But when I use my fortec mercury II via usals. Works great. But when I use the x2. No move. Don't know if it is cable lengh or what. But I don't have any of the old firmwares. I do know it moves with disesqc. I did have one question. I noticed you can change east / west / south / north settings. I never had to set that on the other fta receivers I got. FIgured that might be the issue. If not the fiwmare. The email i got from them said they was working on a north american version for usals. So don't know. Maybe it broke in a new release.

Thanks,

Josh

I got it to work. So now I can scan in channels. Does bug me a little about not saying Moving or changing sats. Like some of my other receivers. But hey for this price. Anyway on the usals I set the longitude to west and the latitude to north. Sorry I'm not a gelology major. Figure we are no north america and all the sats are west.

TTFN,

Josh

I hate the moving dish nag on other receivers,so not seeing that is a pleasure.
I like the resume playback on mediaplayer for recordings,so you can pick up where you left off if you stop a playback and go back to it later.

I hate the moving dish nag on other receivers,so not seeing that is a pleasure.
I like the resume playback on mediaplayer for recordings,so you can pick up where you left off if you stop a playback and go back to it later.

Have to agree on that.

Sent from my SPH-L900

So they sent the firmware. Marth 30th. I uploaded it and lost all my satellites and what not. So I put them back in. The only strange issue I'm having. Might just be me. Is the date keeps going back to 1970. So I decided to email them one more time. Ask them for a channel editor or updated software for it. But everything seems to work fine. I still love the debug thing. I noticed it uses a rtl driver for the wireless usb connection. Anybody figure out anything else you can do with it. I tried to scan ports on the box. But looks like it is just for downloading firmware, youtube, weather and um other things. I was going to ask. I notice in the tv menu that there is a setting for a/v via rgb or component. Does that change the av ports into component or is it just extra garbage left in the firmware? Maybe I'm reading the setting wrong.

Anway TTFN,

Josh

the march 27 firmware was on their ftp site,I used an ftp client to get it.
The motor settings were the same as the march 6 list I loaded,but I had to scan each sat to get the channel list for all sats.
Sys info screen says march 27 starcom hd ultra

my 1st burp with the new firmware:
I left the receiver on a 72w channel last night and turned it off.
This a.m. I turned the receiver on and it said channel 0000 nothing on the tv screen.
I had to hit the sat button,select the sat then the channel and it started working again.

I use diseqc for motor control,so can't comment on that.
I deleted all channels and scanned 30w.
I went to delete 2 or 3 channels and the receiver wouldn't delete the channels.
It said ok,but the channels were still there and it corrupted the channel names
for the amount of channels I deleted.Every time I went to delete a few channels it
would corrupt the list more and more.Finally I deleted all rescanned and just left the channels as is.

Do a factory reset before loading the new firmware. The 12/ 24 hours feature will work OK in the screens and in the front LEDs. Anyone who need a copy of the new March 30 and the just released Channel Editor with instructions please send me a PM.

Doctor!!
Thats not a problem if you're familiarized with the pal/ntsc process. Its what you gain once you do the update. Can you post results upon the update process??

Has anyone figured out how to get satellite lists to load again? I haven't had time to make a whole new list so I haven't been using the receiver. Since the update the out of order satellite list is more than I am willing to deal with to build a new channel list.

A couple minor bugs. But still bugs......

When I add events in EPG, they dont appear in the preview of scheduled events. When I click "Reserve", all the events are shown.
Still buggy on USLALS control. Dish controls are backward compared to others. Press left, it goes right.
I had my language reset to Arabic upon a factory reset. only after loading some new firmware. Not sure which image its on.
OTA upgrade and Network upgrade do not function for me. With great G19 signal AND network connected.
Youtube wont play a video when its clicked on
Some DiseqC bugginess where the dish parks on another position until you either go to control the motor or do a blind scan, etc. Then it goes back to the right position. Can be annoying since the first 5 seconds of the scan are going while the dish is moving.

Thats all for now. Aside from the terrible web site. I know its a work in progress. But, I could put up a better page in 5 minutes. Still worth my money overall. Its a fun box. Even for a beginner. Looking forward to updates!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)