OTHER X2 Premium HD PVR Satellite Receiver

HDMI - incompatible audio

Just got mine. Connected it via HDMI. When powered up it displays the message about incompatible audio. And it says to change audio output to PCM. In the X2 menu "TV setup" there are two options only - LPCM or RAW. Any idea what might be wrong?

Thanks

I have a panasonic flat 42" and this is the configuration

Menu
Setup
TV setup

TV Format: 4:23LB
Video Output HDMI
TV resolution: AUTO
Digital Audio output: LPCM
picture adjust default

A full dump will be 8meg,the full size of the flash.

Thanks for that information, what and how do we do a "full dump" to the USB stick, still reading this forum and trying to make headway, so when the unit arrives. In the mean time I am making a folder with all the given informations.

Thanks.

Carlos remember the file I sent you to post here is actually April 9th date and not 7th.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Pro96

I didnt load the april 9 because I never got it directly from X2/XSAT as an official factory file, eventhough you received a unit with the firmware in it. I really appreciated for sharing, I'm using it for my personal use for testing purposes, Thanks

Pro96

I didnt load the april 9 because I never got it directly from X2/XSAT as an official factory file, eventhough you received a unit with the firmware in it. I really appreciated for sharing, I'm using it for my personal use for testing purposes, Thanks

Ah ok. How did it work for u so far?

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Thanks for that information, what and how do we do a "full dump" to the USB stick, still reading this forum and trying to make headway, so when the unit arrives. In the mean time I am making a folder with all the given informations.

Thanks.

here is the breakdown on all options for USB backup

User Database -channel list backup with transponders (449kb) approx

Application 1 -Firmware backup (3.5MB) approx

Backup all - Complete dump backup (8mb) approx

I did all 3 for my master backup..

yup just make sure its at least 3mb and like XTGOLD said, you can also do a full dump which will be about 8mb. I've done both when my (2) x2 where purchased right before I upgraded any fw.

every other box i've had you get 2 back up files one a sat/channel list and the other SW.
if this is a all in one how does it work if you upgraded the SW by wifi / internet/usb and then need to add your sat/channel list would not this all in one over ride the SW you just upgraded ? :confused:
thanks

how does the full dump work/ happen ?

Ok, everybody who's having problems with the Dolby sound output, I think I figured it out tonight. Go to the TV Setup screen and change the audio to RAW if you want the spdif jack to work. I thought I had already tried that and got nothing, but tonight I hooked up the X2 again and looked closely at the menu items and tried that again. Now, the dolby symbol lights up on my Yamaha amp, and I get dolby on Al Jazeera. Let it go for nearly an hour>NO CUTOFFS ! If you're running audio outside of the TV's speakers, using the spdif to power home theater sound system, try it. That's with the Apr9 firmware also. When the "X2 for Dummies" book comes out, I have earned my own chapter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)