OTHER X2 Premium HD PVR Satellite Receiver

I played with my X2 yesterday and did not have the same experience some other folks here were reported.

First the Blind Scan is fast, but I found no way to slow it down and do a more detailed scan. I found it missed a number of channels which my microHD could pick up and scan in fine. Such channels as MeTV and the NBC's on 105. The X2 missed them every time, yet the microHD got them each time.

I have not updated the firmware yet though, out of the box my box is showing a software version of R2293-2835007 -XS0 and is showing a date of May 20, 2013. The description is IX2476_S2.

I think that is the latest file right now. Mine had Apr9 file, which seems to be the one where they got the motor control problems fixed. After a blindscan , the box does go back to ALL CHANNELS list, instead of staying on the sat you just scanned, the May20 file might have fixed that. Have to load it again and see.

Such channels as MeTV and the NBC's on 105. The X2 missed them every time, yet the microHD got them each time.
these scanned ok here first time with my weakest 10' with a dual cband feed .not as good as a 8' i have.
never tried before.
could be SW.
have this
HW VER 30270303,3
SW VER r2188-19194107 -xs0
DATE : Apr 9 2013, 11:10:32
Des : IX2476_S2

Last edited:
I played with my X2 yesterday and did not have the same experience some other folks here were reported.

First the Blind Scan is fast, but I found no way to slow it down and do a more detailed scan. I found it missed a number of channels which my microHD could pick up and scan in fine. Such channels as MeTV and the NBC's on 105. The X2 missed them every time, yet the microHD got them each time.

I have not updated the firmware yet though, out of the box my box is showing a software version of R2293-2835007 -XS0 and is showing a date of May 20, 2013. The description is IX2476_S2.

cool.. too bad you didnt do a video as it speaks for itself Scott :)

Yup I may need to do that.

I was disappointed.

I guess you get what you pay for. :(

As I said I wish there was a way to slow down the blind scan as it would probably catch them that way, as I had signals on those transponders at around 75, including on my SuperBuddy Meter. Don't know why the X2 couldn't lock on them. :(

Yup I may need to do that.

I was disappointed.

I guess you get what you pay for. :(

As I said I wish there was a way to slow down the blind scan as it would probably catch them that way, as I had signals on those transponders at around 75, including on my SuperBuddy Meter. Don't know why the X2 couldn't lock on them. :(

U mean 103w ku with metv and nbc right?? You mentioned 105w

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I haven't got to the KU side yet. :) Spent all day outside working on the dish and have some good signals coming down again. :D :D

It amazing how nuts and bolts come loose over the winter!

Haha I was thinking of Cozi Tv .. nvm 103w

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Update the software and the USA sat list. Delete all the TPs for the sat that you're going to scan and run a fresh blindscan and see if is better. Havent see any TP on my Openbox that the x2 missed except for 32PSK symbols that the Openbox will see and the X2 wont which are really rare.

By the way I loaded the latest April 9 2013 factory file. Its on moderator queve

Last edited:
Any word on the new firmware up on LegitFTA? What it fixes/doesnt? Beta/normal release? Sorry if you already covered that here. I cant even keep up with all the posts here lately. They really need to put a release.txt in their zip files for release notes. It also seems to be zipped a little weird. 2 .ssu files?

as of this writing,the may 20th is the last firmware on their ftp site.
That is the firmware that gets downloaded when you do the upgrade by network choice in the menu.

After a slight delay on getting the box, the box delivery was on time but my son was holding the box for me, while I was out of town.

Got a chance yesterday to work with my new toy. Verified the version number, it is the April 9, 2013. Deleted unwanted Satellites that are not in my viewing area or zone....There are a few Satellites for the USA viewing area which are missing.

Up loaded/added two new Satellites to the list/roster...Using the DMX741 LNBF with the $69.99 Special Dish, getting duplicate channels from the C and Ku sides of the LNBF, must be doing something wrong or wrong settings for the LNBF.

Backed up the Database, and all other data for future use.

I agree with Scott about the scanning being a bit fast, missed some and gained some new channels in the process.

After reading the owner's manual, played with some of it's functions...In the overall, the box seems to do and perform well.

I sure that there are still some bugs to be corrected but with the little time that I played with it, have not noticed any yet.

I hope that the next upgrade includes the rest of the USA Satellites list which are missing

I will upload a USA Sat list created by X2, so you can download soon. It can be use with the may 20 and April 9 firmware. This one is from 45W to 139W. This is the way the next release will include the USA releases

Last edited:
After a slight delay on getting the box, the box delivery was on time but my son was holding the box for me, while I was out of town.

Got a chance yesterday to work with my new toy. Verified the version number, it is the April 9, 2013. Deleted unwanted Satellites that are not in my viewing area or zone....There are a few Satellites for the USA viewing area which are missing.

Up loaded/added two new Satellites to the list/roster...Using the DMX741 LNBF with the $69.99 Special Dish, getting duplicate channels from the C and Ku sides of the LNBF, must be doing something wrong or wrong settings for the LNBF.

Backed up the Database, and all other data for future use.

I agree with Scott about the scanning being a bit fast, missed some and gained some new channels in the process.

After reading the owner's manual, played with some of it's functions...In the overall, the box seems to do and perform well.

I sure that there are still some bugs to be corrected but with the little time that I played with it, have not noticed any yet.

I hope that the next upgrade includes the rest of the USA Satellites list which are missing

I upload the latest USA Sat list and its in moderator queve. Once its release go ahead and update to that. It will work better. The releases notes on firmwares are being asked several times and hope they will be included in all the future releases

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)