Xbox 2

There is also talk that Microsoft will release at least 2 different versions of Xbox 2 (one with and one without a hard drive).

Kevinw said:
I have heard the controllers will not have a black or whit button but an additional L/r trigger instead.

couldn't they keep the white and black and still add the third and fourth trigger?

I would like to see wireless controller(s) come included in the package. As well as an integraded wireless network adapter. That would be stepping it up a notch.

Yes it would. instead of making them IR, make the either radio or use the 802.11 standard.

Stargazer said:
Couldn't someone convert it to 802.11 then back to what the remote and box picks up?
Yes, but it would be severe overkill. Their is significant protocol overhead just for the 802.11(a|b|g) portion, let alone putting the button being pressed into a network packet.

I'd welcome the addition of an additional set of triggers in place of the white/black buttons. The placement of the buttons have always been a pain for me to easily press them, no matter what the layout of the controller is.

I'll still be keeping my XBox around for a long time though just for XBMC.

hdbamer said:
I've read in EGM that the PS3 will be exponentially more powerful than the Xbox 2...surely that's not true.

While not exponentially, it will be significantly more powerful. Sony is using the new cell chip developed by IBM.

Don't forget the XBox 2 is supposed to launch this fall, while the PS3 & Revolution are supposed to launch in 06. All three boxes are supposed to be shown at E3 in May.

As far as magazines go, I have given up on all of them. Try to be a Nintendo fanboy and read some of the game magazines. I stick to IGN.com & Gamespot.com for rumors, news, guides, & reviews.

and don't forget

Saddam Hussein was importing PS2's cause they were powerful enough to run his ballistic missles with nuclear warheads.

Time and time again sony has proclaimed things and have come up short.

Be Careful Scott! If MS detects a mod you will be locked out of X-Box Live.

Here is a good thread with a lot of links to the main sites.
http://tinyurl.com/5up3k

Some of the mods are equivalent to hacking Dish or DirecTv, and allow you to copy games (you don't own) to the HD.

I don't have XBOX live, so I am not worried about it.

I havent used my XBOX in over a year, but would with some of these MAME mods I have seen :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)