Xbox 360 cooler

Stanleee

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 20, 2004
NY State
Should I put a external cooler on my sons new 360 when he gets it for Christmas? Does it kill the warranty? Just wondering if you guys run them.

My opinion is is no why risk voiding the MS warranty, i would make sure you purchase a replacement plan from where you bought it or a 2 year warranty from microsoft. Also if this has been recently purchased i would try to find a falcon model this is the latest revision of the hardware.

We have 2 xbox360s since launch both have failed twice but i keep a MS warranty on them and just have them fixed or replaced when they fail. yes there is something wrong with this theory but it is the only console my kid or his friends want to play with, the PS3 and wii never get touched

Should I put a external cooler on my sons new 360 when he gets it for Christmas? Does it kill the warranty? Just wondering if you guys run them.

I don't think it will void the warranty but my friend got one of the external coolers and he said that it makes the XBOX louder and i think he also said it kills the xbox quicker because its using the power that xbox needs to run it.

there was one that you plugged into the power port on the back of the 360 hen the power cable plugged into the cooler. That one is known to cause issues with the 360. I have one that you have to stick the 360 on vertically and it plugs into a usb port. Does it work yeah I guess I never got the RROD my 360 got sent back for a different reason all together. Is it loud absolutely.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)