IcEWoLF

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 31, 2006
Nevada
xBox 360 is limiting GTA IV, says Rockstar
Wednesday 2-May-2007 2:43 PM
Lack of Blu-ray and guaranteed hard drive creating limitations for the next-gen crime opus, acknowledges Rockstar

The Xbox 360's lack of a guaranteed hard disk is creating limitations in Grand Theft Auto IV's development, Rockstar has acknowledged.

During an interview with our partners in crime at Official PlayStation Magazine, Rockstar's creative vice president Dan Houser was asked: "On PS3 you've got a guarantee that every machine is going to have a hard-drive and, with Blu-ray, you've got plenty of storage, whereas on Xbox 360 there's no guarantee of a hard-drive and you're working with the DVD format. Does that create limitations?" To which he replied, "Yep."

He continued, "To be honest with you we haven't solved all those riddles yet." The difficulties aren't limited to working on Microsoft's box, as Houser explains that "both have enormous challenges" and that "both have their own particular pleasures and pains".
-> Read here:
http://www.computerandvideogames.com....php?id=163233

OR here:
"On PS3 you've got a guarantee that every machine is going to have a hard-drive and, with Blu-ray, you've got plenty of storage, whereas on Xbox 360 there's no guarantee of a hard-drive and you're working with the DVD format. Does that create limitations?" To which he replied, "Yep."

-> http://kotaku.com/gaming/uh%2C-oh/ro...360-257184.php
We shall see what Rockstar is going to do...release a 2 CD version?

Retarded headline, since your quote includes both have enormous challenges which basically means the PC version is going to suffer because of console development.

Kinda like saying the PS3 is the reason for the delay per Rockstar, when it's clear there were other factors as well: Pointing Fish: Rockstar Blames PS3 (In Part) For GTA IV Delays

Though considering the source (Playstation magazine) the slant isn't unsurprising.

Also, why the hell are you posting this if it's from May 2, 2007?

Wasn't there a 360 game to come out that required the hard drive and had a label on the box stating that fact? I can't remember now, but it seems like I saw that somewhere. If so, then I don't see why rockstar can't just say you have to have the hard drive to play the game.

Of course, I don't understand why microsoft even sells a 360 without a drive. At this point, it seems like they could just make it standard. Give the arcade the 20gig, the premium a 40 and leave the elite at 120.

Either way, like the quote said, both system have their challenges. The PS3 by all accounts is harder to code for and the 360 has limited storage to work with being the two main ones between the systems.

EDIT

Just found what I was thinking about. It's Burnout Paradise. It requires the HDD for online play:

[SIZE=-1]www.joystiq.com/2008/02/01/burnout-paradise-360-requires-hdd-for-online-play/[/SIZE]

Last edited:
Ok, so thats a news story from Last MAY, isnt GTA IV supposed to be out next month on both systems, I would bet that they have solved most of the issues by now.

Ok, so thats a news story from Last MAY, isnt GTA IV supposed to be out next month on both systems, I would bet that they have solved most of the issues by now.

Not have they solved most issues, the episodic missions for it are 360 xbox live only..

Ice bro come on. PS3 has enough heavy hitters coming out this year to not need to bring up 1 year old articles to bash on. :D

Question is are those Episodic missions on xbox live INCLUDED in the PS3 version, and its the "work around"? Or did they penalize us PS3 owners due to the inferiority of the 360 and then give them the extras with an exclusive contract with M$oft?

Not have they solved most issues, the episodic missions for it are 360 xbox live only..

Ice bro come on. PS3 has enough heavy hitters coming out this year to not need to bring up 1 year old articles to bash on. :D

The PS3 will have their own exclusives for GTA IV!
And I am sure Microsoft will charge you every dime for the exclusive contents downloadable on live...and I am sure things will be expensive...

Oh another thing from Rockstar :)

Jeronimo Barrera, Vice President of Product Development for Rockstar Games, has said that they "are calling the downloadable content episodes" and added that they are experimental because they are not sure that there are enough users with access to online content on the Xbox 360

I lol'ed at that :p

Last edited:
Microsoft is on record that Rockstar is setting the price.

Perhaps the PS3 will have horse armor.

This would be a bummer for PS3 users if true:

I am sure Rockstar will work something out for the PS3.
I don't think they will leave us in the dust.
Maybe something jaw dropping? :shocked

I am sure Rockstar will work something out for the PS3.
I don't think they will leave us in the dust.
Maybe something jaw dropping? :shocked

...or nothing.

I agree there will be something, but you're setting your sights kinda high. I suspect most/all PS3 DLC will be also available on the 360. Not many companies will forefit x millions of potential users willing to make a micro transaction.

...or nothing.

I agree there will be something, but you're setting your sights kinda high. I suspect most/all PS3 DLC will be also available on the 360. Not many companies will forefit x millions of potential users willing to make a micro transaction.

Rockstar stated both systems will have their own Exclusive content.

Look at M$ paying 50 million to just have some extra content..

Rockstar stated both systems will have their own Exclusive content.

Look at M$ paying 50 million to just have some extra content..

Perhaps you should wait to see what the content is before judging how well MS spends their money. No one really knows what the exclusive content will be on either system so how can you know if MS got hosed? Just another worthless thread from the worst poster on Satguys.

Good FPS for 360

Resistance: Fall of Man 2 revealed!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)