Xbox One control of hoppers question

DishTechPA

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 19, 2010
SW PA
So I buy an xbox one. Go through the setup to be able to control my stb/tv. It asks for mfg of cable stb, enter dish network and boom, the kinect now controls my hopper. Very well to my surprise. Not I mean simple stuff like, watch usa, channel up, pause, that kind of stuff. My issue is that it controls both of my hoppers, have not checked the joeys, but how do you suppose I could isolate the 1 I want it to control. I can only suppose it uses the network connection to do this.

I think the XBOne uses an IR blaster in the Kinect to control cable/sat boxes. Try disabling IR on the Hopper you don't want controlled. Settings > Remote Manager.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

It doesn't use CEC. The kinect is a powerful IR blaster that bounces off walls to get to the DVR even if it is in an entertainment center. Both of your hoppers must be in the same room or pretty close to the Xbox. You can disable IR on the hopper you don't want to control. The Dish remote is RF so this shouldn't matter unless you are trying to use a universal remote like a harmony.

Edit: yep halo beat me to it while I was typing. That is your solution.

Much appreciated guys, thanks a bunch. FWIW, the Xbox one is really a neat setup outside of playing video games. Smart glass app on Android is getting better for it also.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)