XBOX One Owners Thread

Yeah I've been actively discussing the possibility on the forum that the post was made that is quoted in that article. There's almost nothing at all actually disclosed about the game, and the one-post-wonder that generated some press has all sorts of issues with it - the anti-madden stuff is over the top hyperbole, the 2k stuff has been all but been debunked. Also the Montana 2k image that was retweeted was just made in MS Paint as a joke.

Hoping the ID@Xbox PC/Xbox stuff turned out to be true, but the rest feels like it was laid on top to make it sound better/troll people.

I was starting to get intrigued by the idea of a 2K NFL game. If nothing else, some competition would probably shake things up at EA and force them to put out a better product. Many people still claim that NFL 2K5 is the best football game of all time. I had that game and I liked it at the time but I doubt these people would still go back and play that over Madden 15.

The NBA 2K series was good enough to get EA to stop putting out their NBA Live series for a few years because it was laughably bad by comparison. On the other hand MLB 2K was a joke. If I remember correctly, MLB the Show outsold it even though it was a Playstation exclusive. In that regard, there is no guarantee that a NFL game made by 2K sports would be any better than Madden.

This all may be irrelevant though. This article that yourbeliefs just posted points out that the jerseys in that screen shot are not NFL jerseys. They are two made up teams playing against each other. If this game isn't NFL licensed with real teams and current NFL players I don't know why they are even bothering to put it out. That's not going to sell.

This all may be irrelevant though. This article that yourbeliefs just posted points out that the jerseys in that screen shot are not NFL jerseys. They are two made up teams playing against each other. If this game isn't NFL licensed with real teams and current NFL players I don't know why they are even bothering to put it out. That's not going to sell.
They did that with All Pro Football 2K8. The license doesn't extend to retired players, so you can use their names and likenesses.

They did that with All Pro Football 2K8. The license doesn't extend to retired players, so you can use their names and likenesses.

Yeah, but I don't remember that game blowing up the sales charts. Unless they can do it for a very low budget I don't think they can sell enough copies of a non-licensed football game to make it worth doing.

The only generic games couldn't get out of their own way to be successful. APF2k8 went and licensed a bunch of individual NFL legends and included no franchise mode and Backbreaker was a bug-ridden tech demo for their physics engine.

Remains to be seen what the gimmick is for Montana. Probably needs more than just 'generic football game'.

After flip flopping between the Xbox and PS4 I decided to pull the trigger on the Xbox. Anyone know of any future bundles coming out?
Right now its the AC bundle kit which doesnt interest me.

After flip flopping between the Xbox and PS4 I decided to pull the trigger on the Xbox. Anyone know of any future bundles coming out?
Other than vendor specific ones that pop up every now and then, the current one being pushed is the Master Chief Collection bundle at $349. Really, this bundle should have been around back in November, but I guess Microsoft didn't want to release a bundle with an unfinished game and instead chose Assassins... oh wait...

Joking aside, the MCC has gone through many patches and is now truly playable and fun, so don't worry about people who claim the game(s) are broken.

link

Amazon product ASIN B00TY9KYKE

Other than vendor specific ones that pop up every now and then, the current one being pushed is the Master Chief Collection bundle at $349. Really, this bundle should have been around back in November, but I guess Microsoft didn't want to release a bundle with an unfinished game and instead chose Assassins... oh wait...

Joking aside, the MCC has gone through many patches and is now truly playable and fun, so don't worry about people who claim the game(s) are broken.

link

Amazon product ASIN B00TY9KYKE

If you like shooters the MCC Bundle is a good deal. Its got 4 solid single player campaigns and one of the best multiplayer packages ever released. It includes every multiplayer map from Halo 1-4 and there are over 100 in total. Some of your enjoyment depends on you not being a graphics whore though. Halo 1 and 2 were original Xbox games and 3 and 4 were 360 games. This package ups the resolution to 1080p but they are still old textures. Halo 4 looks pretty good but Halo 1 still looks like an up-rezzed original Xbox game. That being said, I played through the Halo 1 campaign and it's still a lot of fun to this day.

If you are looking for a game to show of the power of your new console this isn't it. Halo 2 has been completely redone for this package and it looks good. The cutscenes, in particular, are outstanding. Only some of the Halo 2 multiplayer maps have been redone with the full next gen treatment. The rest are the original Halo 2 graphics. The other 3 games are previous generation games at a higher resolution. If you want a graphics powerhouse the AC bundle with Unity is a better option. For pure gameplay and value this is the one though.

Edit: I don't know if the Sunset Overdrive bundle with the white Xbox One is still available in Canada but that would be a decent option too. I'd certainly rather have that then the AC bundle. If I remember correctly, that one was hard to find even at launch in the US though.

IIRC, Walmart still has ample overdrive bundles and am not a fan of AC.

To give you an example, games that Ive "overplayed" on the 360 were Gears of War1,2,3, Force Unleashed 1 and 2 and especially rainbow six Vegas 2. Am still kinda still holding off for maybe a better bundle or worst case Battlefront in December.

If you're in no hurry to upgrade, don't. Honestly, there isn't much to get excited about so far this generation. Save a few console exclusives, the game releases have really been so so. And it's sad how many completely unnecessary remasters are being made for games no one asked for (A God of War 3 Remaster? Really?) It's also clear that so far, developers don't know how to handle the new hardware. I think things will really pick up later this year. I'd say wait until the holiday season when the better deals will come out, new games will be out, and older, good games will be more discounted.

Just on IGN that Ubisoft's Rainbow Six Siege will be available in beta for those who pre-ordered it or signed up on the waiting list on Ubisoft's site. Beta will be available for Xbox, PS4 and PC

Well my hand got forced over the weekend so I bought the Xbox/Kinect/Creed bundle.

Futureshop declared bankruptcy Saturday morning and Best Buy would honor the FS gift cards which I had plenty of. Ran to the nearest BB before the cards would expire.

Its still sealed in box since am wondering if I made a mistake by getting an Xbox and not the PS4

Well my hand got forced over the weekend so I bought the Xbox/Kinect/Creed bundle.

Futureshop declared bankruptcy Saturday morning and Best Buy would honor the FS gift cards which I had plenty of. Ran to the nearest BB before the cards would expire.

Its still sealed in box since am wondering if I made a mistake by getting an Xbox and not the PS4
I think you'll be fine. Neither system really has done anything to truly distance itself from the other. Xbox One is more multimedia based while the PS4 has slightly more gaming power. But it's not like the One is a lightweight in itself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts