XBOX One Owners Thread

One more complaint they had about TV integration. They said it won't pass through TV when it is in standby mode. This means you either have to leave your Xbox One on all day hogging power or boot it up each time you want to watch TV. That's not a huge hassle, especially when you can just say "Xbox On" but it's still another step when watching TV.

Wow, that's ridiculous.

One more complaint they had about TV integration. They said it won't pass through TV when it is in standby mode. This means you either have to leave your Xbox One on all day hogging power or boot it up each time you want to watch TV. That's not a huge hassle, especially when you can just say "Xbox On" but it's still another step when watching TV.

That would sound like a big deal, but IMO, it is much like I treat my sat boxes now. When I am not watching them they are in sleep mode/off. Were I to use the xbox for this purpose I couldnt see that being much of a complaint. IMO anyway.

That would sound like a big deal, but IMO, it is much like I treat my sat boxes now. When I am not watching them they are in sleep mode/off. Were I to use the xbox for this purpose I couldnt see that being much of a complaint. IMO anyway.

It wouldn't be a problem for me either but I have less tech savvy people in the house. They just want to turn the TV on and watch. That's why I have my Onkyo set to always pass through my Dish signal when it is turned off no matter which input I was using last. Turning on the TV, the Hopper, the Onkyo, and then changing the input from PS4 to the Hopper input was just too much for them. They are happier ignoring my 5.1 setup and just using the TVs speakers because it is always on the right input thanks to Onkyo's pass through setup and it's less to mess with.

Now if I added an Xbox One to this chain that's another thing they have to deal with before watching TV. If they would have included a simple pass through when off option like many AVRs have it could be completely ignored by people who don't know how to use it. On the other hand, the fact that the Xbox can be turned on by voice makes it much more user friendly than my Onkyo. If they keep improving the voice control to make it more reliable I can see this being more user friendly than most of our cable/satellite boxes. People like my dad who have trouble remembering channel numbers would no longer have to worry about them.

It's not just having non tech savvy roommates, it's the waste of electricity that bothers me.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

My wife got an email from Best Buy telling her to come pick up her XBOX ONE today that it was ready for Pickup.

So she went there and they said sorry the emails went out in error, come back tomorrow.

My wife got an email from Best Buy telling her to come pick up her XBOX ONE today that it was ready for Pickup.

So she went there and they said sorry the emails went out in error, come back tomorrow.
Oh that'll be fun.. In store pickup sucks enough when there's no one there.. let alone when everyone else is there to get their Ones as well..

That's crap. They should have sent out another email stating that the original was in error.

Yeah but they could argue back, "You should have called us in advance knowing this email was probably in error as this would be ahead of the official release date." Regardless, it's coming tomorrow for Scott and others. Now if they don't have one available for them at that time then I'd argue they deserve a $100 GC and a hand written apology signed by the manager of the store, but let's just hope it doesn't come to that.

You can probably pick it up after midnight ;)

Just picked up one at Sam's Club. :)
I arrived at the store by the opening at 7am (business members hours). There was no line. I was the first one. They only had 4 units this morning, but there were still 2 units remaining when I left the store.

Posted Via The SatelliteGuys Reader App!

The setup was pretty straightforward. The initial download was just above 500 MB. Took about 20 minutes over DSL.

Tried a few disks:
1. Plays CDs, but not those with MP3 tracks.
2. Plays DVDs, even those in PAL and from other regions!
3. Plays Blu-ray, but 3D is not yet supported.

It's funny how Blu-ray and CD players in Xbox are apps and need to be installed first.

I like the voice control and the face recognition feature.
HDMI pass-through works, but I am still trying to figure out how to control the Joey from the Xbox.
Do I need an extra IR transmitter or something?

I am still trying to figure out how to control the Joey from the Xbox.
Ok, it works. The IR emitter is actually in the Kinect. The IR beam will bounce off the back wall.
OneGuide is nice, but I am not sure yet how useful it will be.

Call of Duty requires to download a huge 1.2 GB update. What's the point of having it on a disk then?

Tried a few disks:
1. Plays CDs, but not those with MP3 tracks.
2. Plays DVDs, even those in PAL and from other regions!
3. Plays Blu-ray, but 3D is not yet supported.

It's funny how Blu-ray and CD players in Xbox are apps and need to be installed first.

I'm sure it has to do with the licensing fee they have to pay for making it a blu-ray player. This is similar to a PS4 update that gets downloaded the first time you put a Blu-ray movie in. They have probably figured that they can save some money buy only paying the Blu-ray license fee for people who actually watch Blu-ray movies.

I like the voice control and the face recognition feature.
HDMI pass-through works, but I am still trying to figure out how to control the Joey from the Xbox.

The Kinect itself is the IR blaster. I don't know if it shoots out the front or the back but it is supposed to be very powerful and able to bounce off surfaces in the room to find your cable/satellite box. On the hopper IR is turned off by default. I had to turn it on in the settings to use my Harmony remote. The Joey might have a similar setting.

EDIT:
Ok, it works. The IR emitter is actually in the Kinect. The IR beam will bounce off the back wall.
OneGuide is nice, but I am not sure yet how useful it will be.

Looks like you already figured it out while I was typing that up. Let us know how it works.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts