XBOX One Owners Thread

I got my custom controller from Xbox Design Labs this morning. Just a heads up in case anyone else ordered one. They come delivered by FedEx and require a signature. I hate when things get delivered that way but I just happened to be home for this one. My confirmation from Microsoft said it wouldn't be here until tomorrow.

We got an XBOX ONE S when it came out just for the 4K UHD Blu Ray feature. So purchased the UHD version of Ghostbusters and watched it, and it was VERY grainy... Since the disc contains the UHD version, Blu Ray Version and DVD version on the same disc... is there any way to tell what version it actually played?

Yup all those things check good.

But when playing back a movie, there is no indicator on the screen of what version of the movie is playing. While I have a UHD disc in there it could be playing the DVD version which is on the same disc. Also another thing it makes you download the Bluray player software before you can play movie, but that Bluray player makes no mention of UHD in its description.

Not sure. I'd recommend contacting Xbox Support. They're pretty fast with responses, whether you use their support accounts or their online chat.

I think of you click one of the sticks you'll see the resolution

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Yeah, if you push in the right stick on the controller it will tell you the resolution, bitrate of the video, and what audio format the surround sound is in.

Edit: Ghostbusters might just be grainy because of the film they used.

Call of Duty 2 was recently added to BC and it got a nice frame rate boost.

This was the first game I played when I got my 360 at launch. At the time the those big battles looked incredible. I remember thinking that they nailed the feeling of Saving Private Ryan's Normandy beach scene in video game form. My guess is that it wouldn't hold up that well today simply because it's from 2005 and so many games, including other COD games have made big advances since then. Even back then the COD games knew how to nail the big, cinematic set pieces though and the fact that it was based on historic events made it a cooler experience in some ways. I would definitely give it a try if I still had my disc laying around somewhere.

After Infinite Warfare this year I think it would be kind of cool if they went back to WW2. I would even be willing to buy another $80 version of next year's game that includes a proper remaster of COD 2 like they did for COD 4 this year. I don't want it to be just a resolution bump for $20 though.

This was the first game I played when I got my 360 at launch. At the time the those big battles looked incredible. I remember thinking that they nailed the feeling of Saving Private Ryan's Normandy beach scene in video game form. My guess is that it wouldn't hold up that well today simply because it's from 2005 and so many games, including other COD games have made big advances since then. Even back then the COD games knew how to nail the big, cinematic set pieces though and the fact that it was based on historic events made it a cooler experience in some ways. I would definitely give it a try if I still had my disc laying around somewhere.

After Infinite Warfare this year I think it would be kind of cool if they went back to WW2. I would even be willing to buy another $80 version of next year's game that includes a proper remaster of COD 2 like they did for COD 4 this year. I don't want it to be just a resolution bump for $20 though.
Me too. I played this version more than any other.

As if there wasn't already enough going against the game, lol. Between the beta feedback and the crowded release schedule, it didn't need this on top of it. I never bothered w/ beta because of EA Access. Now I just won't bother.

I played in both beta weekends. I had a decent time with it and there certainly wasn't anything that made me think that I don't want to play Titanfall 2. It didn't really do anything to get me excited about the release either though. The Battlefield 1 beta had a much bigger impact for me.

Since I already have the $80 legacy edition of COD pre-ordered ($64 on Amazon Prime) and I know I'm going to buy Gears 4 I knew that I wasn't going to buy both Battlefield 1 and Titanfall 2 at launch. At most I was going to buy one of them and it was likely that I would wait for a sale on both. Going in I would have thought Titanfall 2 was the clear front runner but after playing both betas it's Battlefield 1 for me now.

Again, I didn't dislike the Titanfall 2 beta. It was pretty much what I would expect it to be after playing the first game. Battlefield 1 was just better than what I was expecting.

On a side note, I don't feel that EA did either of these games any favors by releasing them 1 week apart from each other. It's very weird that EA is taking their two multiplayer shooters and making them compete against each other. If Titanfall 2 would have launched away from the big Fall shooters in March like the original did I think it would have done a lot better.

Most I've talked to were disappointed and said they made it too much like other games rather than more like the first one.

I'm not a fan of the pilots vs pilots mode that was featured in the beta. That mode just feels like a COD clone and I'd rather be playing COD if I"m going to do that. I thought the other modes felt very similar to Titanfall 1 though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)