xbox wireless or wired internet connection?

That's my point. It's convenience/gullibility versus economics/research. There's a large number of consumers who don't realize that sales people at BB or CC are "SALES" people, not "We'll help you pick out the best item that balances price and quality" people. Obviously people like us know that many electronics and cords can be purchased online often at big discounts, but someone like my dad or (god forbid) my grandparents are just going to walk into a store and go with whatever the sales person tells them to do. I know of the expression "Buyer Beware", but I just don't like it when a company plays off of consumer ignorance in order to boost profits.

Ok, I thought you just meant go ahead a buy it at the store. :up

Problem with buying it online, after you've bought the hardware, is people will hook it up with composite or whatever is included and many will consider it "good enough" and not bother to buy the high-quality cable.

Yeah, I have seen that a lot too.

wired or wireless xbox live connection

Thanks for all the info. I did hook it up last night using one of the netgear homeplug adapters. Xbox recoginzed it and connected up with it. I just haven't tried any other online activities with it yet, other than a software update.

Thanks for all the info. I did hook it up last night using one of the netgear homeplug adapters. Xbox recoginzed it and connected up with it. I just haven't tried any other online activities with it yet, other than a software update.
Download something from XBL like a trial game. Check the speed of the connection. It SHOULD be comparable to the full speed of your internet connection. It is for me, which is more than I used to be able to say for PSN.

I've never been an online gamer, but I do recall in the past that people said latency, or lack of, was far more important than speed when it came to gaming. So even if the homeplug adapter throttles your speed some, so long as your latency is good, you'll probably be okay.

Went wireless and paid the $100 for the adapter, expensive but have never had a problem with it, also, I do enjoy Live, just play later at night so all the children are sleeping and you can play with adults...

What if the Playstation 3 was discontinued?

Thoughts on the PSP

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts