XM-5 Service test begins

nelson61

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
Where it's Warm
XM-5 will be in service from July 15 to Aug 15, replacing XM-3.

XM-3 will go back into service Aug 15 and XM-5 returning to in place backup status.

They will be testing customer reception from XM-5 during this period.

OF course it will get worse. It is Sirius after all. Since they bought out XM everything has gotten worse.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

i used to never have reception issues, now i find some places drop out.. crazy thing is i have have a home dock velcro'd to an old boombox from the 80's with the antenna indoors and i get two out of three bars through the roof or wall!

Attachments

• image-1815273627.png
    image-1815273627.png
    137.9 KB · Views: 230
  • image-3663873068.png
    image-3663873068.png
    172.6 KB · Views: 247
I have xm in 2 cars and sirius in one (free promotion on new car), and it seems the Sirius reception is far superior to XM. Can't imagine they could make the XM reception any worse than it already is. To the point of thinking XM is not worth it. If Sirius could get baseball I would switch in a minute.

I have xm in 2 cars and sirius in one (free promotion on new car), and it seems the Sirius reception is far superior to XM. Can't imagine they could make the XM reception any worse than it already is. To the point of thinking XM is not worth it. If Sirius could get baseball I would switch in a minute.

Don't count on Sirius reception continuing to be superior. They are phasing out their polar orbit satellites as they reach end of life and replacing them with geostationary satellites (xm uses geostationary).

I can't drive on an east/west road anywhere anymore with out drop outs the second there is a tree or bluff to the south.

I know you have to have a good line of site to the south but reception has gotten substantially worse in the last few years from what it was when I signed up in 2003.

Personally I always got better reception with XM than Sirius. The geostationary orbits also make it easier to aim an antenna when you are indoors.

I can't drive on an east/west road anywhere anymore with out drop outs the second there is a tree or bluff to the south.

I know you have to have a good line of site to the south but reception has gotten substantially worse in the last few years from what it was when I signed up in 2003.

As Rangers484 said above, there are streets around the area that I live in that I can't drive east or west on that the signal doesn't drop off.:mad: I like to listen to Radio Classics while I take my wife to work and when I pick her up from her job every day . While I am driving north on one street great reception :confused: driving west on the street that she works on it seems to loose signal several times.
Yesterday I parked under the same tree I have been parking under every day for the past 5 years and the signal kept falling in and out.:mad:
I got home and when I went to park in my driveway this morning same thing. :rant:
The service sucks but I can guaranty, that when you call customer service about they say it has to be your equipment and try to sell you an upgrade to the best of Sirius and a new radio :mad:

I have lots of problems with reception when any trees or hills are on the south side of me.

XM-5 will be in service from July 15 to Aug 15, replacing XM-3.

XM-3 will go back into service Aug 15 and XM-5 returning to in place backup status.

They will be testing customer reception from XM-5 during this period.

My question is how to we let these clowns in India or the Philippines and get them to listen to us that the service and reception sucks worse now than it did before?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)