XM or Sirius????

smokey982

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 7, 2005
Cleveland, TN (Chattanooga Market)
I've been looking to subscribe to satellite radio but I can't seem to make up my mind on which company to go with. I know Sirius has Nascar and Howard, but other than that, what are the major differences between the two company's? As far as the music stations go, are they basically the same but with different names?

My wife currently has XM built into her Chevrolet. So it would be cheaper to add an account to hers. But I don't mind paying for both subscriptions if Sirius is the better choice. Has anyone tried both? What do you think?

You might want to look at the various polls here . Sirius won in a walk because there are more Sirius proponents here but you may see aht everyone like abouteach.

I've been looking to subscribe to satellite radio but I can't seem to make up my mind on which company to go with. I know Sirius has Nascar and Howard, but other than that, what are the major differences between the two company's? As far as the music stations go, are they basically the same but with different names?

My wife currently has XM built into her Chevrolet. So it would be cheaper to add an account to hers. But I don't mind paying for both subscriptions if Sirius is the better choice. Has anyone tried both? What do you think?

Dude! You can't forget about Bubba. http://www.btls.com

I'll be surprised if the merger goes through. It should, but politics and heavy lobbying by the National Association of Broadcasters are screwing things up. I've heard both XM and Sirius and definitely prefer Sirius. But that's just me.

The Sportster is the most popular, but the Starmate is close. I like the Starmate better because of price and I do not use the replay features.

Does the starmate have the scrolling sports scores and will it notify you when your favorite artists comes on another channel?
I also saw where one receiver (I can't remember which one) lets you see what artist are playing on other channels without changing the station. Does anyone know which one that was. I've looked at so many lately between Sirius and XM that I can't remember which one does what.

Does the starmate have the scrolling sports scores and will it notify you when your favorite artists comes on another channel?
I also saw where one receiver (I can't remember which one) lets you see what artist are playing on other channels without changing the station. Does anyone know which one that was. I've looked at so many lately between Sirius and XM that I can't remember which one does what.

I have the Starmate Replay 3 and love it. Yes you can set your favorite artists/songs to notify you. Love that feature! I also love the pause and rewind features.

You can also set your favorite teams.

Well after much research I'm now leaning toward the XM Delphi SkyFi2. Has anyone had any experience with this unit?
All of the websites I have found that sells this unit says it comes with a Cassette adapter. Is this the only way it can be used? I do not have a cassette player in my truck.

I have the SkyFi2. a good receiver. I also use the boombox. the boom box itself has a problem with ejecting but I have learned to manage it. An employee has the Inno he swears by it.