xx24 software is here! - 8/24/2022

But you can't bring the Hopper+ on vacation with you and use it at the hotel you are staying in...
Well again, that gets to my point that the Hopper+ should be priced lower than the Fire TV stick (if there is any cost for the Hopper+ at all) since the Hopper+ provides less functionality than the Fire TV stick.

Reactions: bookworm370
Here’s a little secret, there are certain ethernet to USB 3.0 adapters that when connected to the USB 3.0 input on your television direct from the router will dramatically increase your download speed. Most TVs only have 100 MBS cards
I assume you are talking about an Android TV. Even if so, I am surprised that drivers for it exist on board the TV. Oh, and are you talking about Ethernet or WiFi dongles?

Reactions: charlesrshell
They work fine without the Hopper Plus.
Not wireless Joeys. There is no ability for them to work without the Hopper plus. I just installed two yesterday. As soon as they start up, you pair the remote, they download the software off the hopper, and this was before I had installed the Hopper plus, straight off of the 324 software version, and when they’re done they go right to the Google login screen. I have to assume that the Joey 4 is the same way. The Hopper itself was on live TV. No live TV on the Joeys.

Also, I found out, there are no navigation buttons on either version of the Joeys so there’s no way to just press a system info button, for example, in case of any issues

Not wireless Joeys. There is no ability for them to work without the Hopper plus. I just installed two yesterday. As soon as they start up, you pair the remote, they download the software of the hopper, and this was before I had installed the Hopper plus, straight off of the 324 hopper version, and when they’re done they go right to the Google login screen. I have to assume that the Joey 4 is the same way.

Also, I found out, there are no navigation buttons on either version of the Joeys so there’s no way to just press a system info button, for example, in case of any issues
Yes Wireless Joey 4's work fine without a Hopper Plus. I have 3 of them. All working fine. Unless they are putting some kind of code on the account preventing them to work. But I do know they are planning on letting existing customers upgrade to Joey 4's and Wireless Joey 4's without needing a Hopper Plus.

I assume you are talking about an Android TV. Even if so, I am surprised that drivers for it exist on board the TV. Oh, and are you talking about Ethernet or WiFi dongles?
Ethernet. It’s an ethernet to USB adapter. I saw a video on YouTube about it so I found the one with the right firmware, which you’d have to research because I don’t know what it is offhand, I ordered it from Amazon and pulled my ethernet cable out of the connection on the TV, plugged it into the adapter, into the USB 3.0 port and it took a few seconds before it figured it out but my speed test app that I download it before the adapter was about 96 MBS download and after the adapter was over 500 Mbps download speed. I don’t think the android tvOS has anything to do with it. I’m pretty sure any Internet connected television is going to have the same results as long as it has a USB 3.0 Port

I am working on one. I hope to have the time to edit it in time for the official launch on September 15th. :)
Thanks, a live demonstration of exactly what it does and features would answer a lot of questions. I'm amazed that DISH itself is allowing new installs to customers without even a 'What is the Hopper +' video or even a propaganda sheet.

Yes Wireless Joey 4's work fine without a Hopper Plus. I have 3 of them. All working fine. Unless they are putting some kind of code on the account preventing them to work. But I do know they are planning on letting existing customers upgrade to Joey 4's and Wireless Joey 4's without needing a Hopper Plus.
Well I don’t know but I’m telling you the ones I put in yesterday had no ability to work with live TV. The hopper was on live TV before I installed the Hopper plus and the Joeys were done downloading and just sitting on the screen where you sign in to google and there is no way to go past that screen without signing in which then took you through the acceptances and then to the android TV messenger

Thanks, a live demonstration of exactly what it does and features would answer a lot of questions. I'm amazed that DISH itself is allowing new installs to customers without even a 'What is the Hopper +' video or even a propaganda sheet.
I was surprised that there was still no mention at all of the Hopper+ (nor even of the Android interface) in the Dish dealer ad in my weekly junk mail ads, since Dish is already installing these for new customers. How are new customers even finding out about these, since they are not being advertised? Or is Dish simply automatically foisting these onto unknowing new customers, so they can be guinea pigs before the official release?

I guess Dish doesn't want to advertise these new products, in order to avoid having existing customers seeing those ads and then calling Dish to ask about them, while Dish is not ready to do those existing customer upgrades yet.

Will the new Joeys still work with infrared remotes? I always keep an old model 1.5 infrared remote handy, since that model has a Sys Info button on it. If that will work as a workaround, it might be a good idea to carry one of those old remotes with you.

I guess Dish doesn't want to advertise these new products, in order to avoid having existing customers seeing those ads and then calling Dish to ask about them, while Dish is not ready to do those existing customer upgrades yet.

It’s because they are not “officially” released yet. And won’t be until at least the 15th.

They are putting them in on new installs and getting feedback with the installs and operation of them.

Why advertise something that’s not really available yet?

It’s because they are not “officially” released yet. And won’t be until at least the 15th.

They are putting them in on new installs and getting feedback with the installs and operation of them.

Why advertise something that’s not really available yet?
Since there was an earlier announcement on this site about a release date of August 25 for new customers, I assumed that was when Dish would start advertising for the new equipment. They have done that before with programming packages [Flex Pack and the "Turbo HD" (later called Dish America) packages come to mind] making them available to new customers before existing customers get a chance to switch to them. In those cases, there was not even a known date of when they would become available to existing customers, just that they "eventually" would.

With an actual date for existing customer upgrades being listed in the same announcement that gave the availability date for new customers (and that existing customer availability date coming up soon, not Dish "Soon" but actual soon) I thought that Dish actually had all of their ducks in a row, and was ready to start advertising these.

It is not like these are still only available in certain test markets like they were before. If new customers across the entire country are getting these, I would say they are "really available." If that is not the case, and these are still only being installed in certain test markets, is there a list of the markets where these are available? Is it the same list of markets where they were already available before? If so, then what changed on that August 25 date, other than apparently Dish forcing these onto new customers (whether they want a Hopper+ or not) instead of asking for volunteers to test them?

Wally on U822

Joey 4

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 5)