Yankees are Peaking at Perfect Time

sidekick

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 17, 2005
Port Angeles, Washington
Well.... with their full lineup for the first time all season, they pound out 18 hits, 16 runs, 5 home runs, 4 doubles and Chein Ming Wang gets his 19th win of the season. Look out all you other teams ........ It's clobberin' time!!!

Remember this is against Baltimore.... In the playoffs is about pitching and it has been proven that good pitching can stop any offense. So I wouldn't count on offense to carry them through the playoffs. It all about pitching. Wang getting his 19th win is quite impressive. Here is a guy (Cano and Melky as well) that was passed on by the Diamondbacks in the R. Johnson trade. This was at a time when ESPN and all the wizard analysts were saying that the Yankees Farm System was depleted and it was the worse in baseball. Yet, without Wang, Cano, Practor, & Melky I do not know if they had the resources to pull it off.

Am getting excited about the playoffs. There are some races going down to the wire. Yankees have the edge in my book. There are no teams out there that have 2 dominating pitchers. Pitching fairly close on all teams. Time for Arod to earn his pay. Go Yankees

Hmm, looks like the yankees are struggling with the lowly Orioles tonight at least so far.
They are ONLY 1 game up on the Tigers for Home Feild advantage.
Tigers lost today so yanks could pretty much win that battle tonight.
Could be an interesting weekend, hopefully no one lays down for another team.
If Toronto continues to play well, possibly take 1 from the yanks over the weekend and Detroit takes care of KC it could be very interesting.
Also Twins play the Chi Sox over the w/e. Will ozzie tell his team to lay down , and screw the Tigers ?

I normally would say no, but seeing were talking about Ozzie, ya never know, he may put out the double A team.

Jimbo

Yankees lose tonight at home against the Orioles ,
Daniel Cabrera pitches a No Hitter into the ninth.
Cabrera gave up a 1 out hit to Cano and then ended the game inducing a double play.

Orioles 7 Yankees 1
Toronto 8 Tigers 6

Twins trailing 1-0 in the 8th, a win would pull the Twins into a first place tie .
Twins have tied it up going into extra innings
Twins win in 10th

Jimbo

Last edited:
Jimbos said:
Hmm, looks like the yankees are struggling with the lowly Orioles tonight at least so far.
They are ONLY 1 game up on the Tigers for Home Feild advantage.
Tigers lost today so yanks could pretty much win that battle tonight.
Could be an interesting weekend, hopefully no one lays down for another team.
If Toronto continues to play well, possibly take 1 from the yanks over the weekend and Detroit takes care of KC it could be very interesting.
Also Twins play the Chi Sox over the w/e. Will ozzie tell his team to lay down , and screw the Tigers ?

I normally would say no, but seeing were talking about Ozzie, ya never know, he may put out the double A team.

Jimbo

Actually they are 2 games up over both the Tigers and Twins. The Yankees hold the tie-breaker against both teams, so if they end in a tie, the Yankees GET home field.

Yep ... frankly I think it was a decompress game for the Yankees. Look who was pitching for them? Rasner? Henn? Veras? Huh?? Sometimes top teams need games where they can de-stress, like slumping into your favorite chair when you have had a hard week at work. I'm hoping this was the case here.

Remember the Stinkees were swept by one of the worst teams in baseball, Tampa Bay.

Go Astros (since my Rangers sucked again this year)!!!!

I'd like to see research on why teams play down to their competition. It drives me crazy. You're right about teams like the Rangers though. It would be nice to see some perennial also-rans do great. It's sort of like seeing a new Ted Danson TV series every year or so. Aren't there any other actors out there?

Neutron said:
Remember the Stinkees were swept by one of the worst teams in baseball, Tampa Bay.

The Yankees were NOT swept by Tampa Bay (not this year). They are 12-5 against them this year.

Get your facts straight please before you post. Thanks.

BTW- the Astros WERE swept this year by:

Cincinnatti TWICE
Tigers
Rockies (74-85 for the season)
Giants
Nationals (71-88 for the season)
Cubs (65-94 for the season)
Phillies
Pretty strong I would say.

Last edited:
Neutron said:

Yes, but if you look at all the teams contending, you will find that they all lost to teams they should have beat, somewere during the season...
It just gets magnified this week due to the importance of them all.

Jimbo

sidekick said:
I'd like to see research on why teams play down to their competition. It drives me crazy. You're right about teams like the Rangers though. It would be nice to see some perennial also-rans do great. It's sort of like seeing a new Ted Danson TV series every year or so. Aren't there any other actors out there?
Well the Tigers have been down for the last 19 years, doesn't that qualify as a perennial also ran ? :D

Jimbo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts