YES! 4DTV on W5 almost certain

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tvropro

On Vacation
Original poster
Mar 9, 2007
This was posted at Sat forums concerning the W5 use of our 4DTV's. This reply is from Del Jose head man at Skyvision.

Thank you for contacting Skyvision. Yes - it will work with the 920
and the 922. We have successfully been able to receive the guide and
programming on both of these. We still have some bugs to work out but the
fix is there. Once we finalize all the issues, we will be sending out
emails on the details. Keep in touch. Thanks.

Del Jose

I hope Mike Kohl is on sat talk tonight and gives us the official word. Woohoo! :up

Mine too looks like NPS DIDN'T kill the 4DTV only themselves. :D

Hey maybe Mike Mountford can loan Charlie Ergan a few mil so he can pay Mickey Mouse the 65 Million owed. :neener Ha ha ha...

Perhaps they should have tipped their hand just a little faster......
Besides me, I wonder how many went over to DirecTV?
I have shut down the 922/201 and am signed up for 2 years worth of HD at Direct.
Guess I'll take another look at the state of 4DTV in a couple years.

I didn't want to do it

Perhaps they should have tipped their hand just a little faster......
Besides me, I wonder how many went over to DirecTV?
I have shut down the 922/201 and am signed up for 2 years worth of HD at Direct.
Guess I'll take another look at the state of 4DTV in a couple years.

I didn't want to do it

I got Direct too but still have subs with the 4D and they will continue much longer now. I may get movie channels on the 4D next year since even on W5 they offer more HBO & Starz than Direct does. Pizza doesn't have it all. Now I can have the best of both :)

UPDATE 100% True!

I just spoke to SRL and they told me yes it is true that the 4DTV will work with W5 on the 410 data, the testing has worked. They said more details on everything will be coming in the months ahead.

So fire up the bud and enjoy your 4D once again. And don't believe anything NPS says from this point on. They have lost the war and will be trying any tricks they can to still put your big dish in the scrap pile and get you to sign with Charlie.

The real truth is told only at Satellite Guys! :up

Maybe Scott needs to put this as front page news :)

oh man, I wanted to use a 905 as a tortilla warmer.. now its worth something again hehe

Good for the 4DTV Klan here... now yall can enjoy tv once again

I wonder if this pisses off the guys over on the "other site" who have been cheering the demise of the 4Dtv since NPS started the rumors?!
Terry

im thinking if the 18k or so folks that are with srl/skyvison all go to the w5 stuff, maybe with and extra 18k folks subscription to the hits signal maybe they will add a few more of the channels that most want like Disney and espn since hits control the data stream, they can control the blackout stuff espn was crying about with 4dtv. im really thinking this might be a good thing for us cbanders since if some of the other that went to fta might come back, if they can use the cband stuff again and the number might build up toward the 30k again and then we might have a enough numbers i think for hits to even like us more

Small steps now can amount to big leaps in the future. If we could put together a campaign to bring the numbers way up we may have good things happen in the future. SRL has 4000 4DTV subscribers I heard from the person I spoke with. They lost 2000 from what NPS did. NPS has the big numbers still 12 to 14k. We need to persuade those to come over to Skyvision. If SV can get the majority of those numbers than Comcast will probably be willing to do something more. Get the word out all and let it be known C band is not dead.

man the other thread on the other forum is getting nasty why anyone goes there anymore surprises me, and even i am stupid enough to go look for some reason

Mike Kohl gave the official word on Sat-talk a little bit ago. Everything's a go :) :up

How to listen to sat talk

It can be found here
sattalk.us - How to Listen

Also, sounds like NPS is wanting to get in on the W5 deal, and start selling all of the Comcast channels like Skyvision does. It would probably be better if they just left W5 to SRL and Skyvision, I am sure NPS is going to keep pushing Dishnet. Whatever they decide I hope its in our best interest.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)